FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MACDH and Force Index peaks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Bana View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MACDH and Force Index peaks
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 2:54pm
Hi All

I would love some help with building a scan. This is related to Dr Alexander Elder's trading strategies.

SCAN 1
I want to find stocks whose MACDH within the last 30 days has been the highest it has been over the past one year from the date of scan. This is to keep and eye on potential bearish development. 

Vice-versa scan to find stocks whose MACDH within the last 30 days has been the lowest it has been over the past one year from the date of scan. This is to keep an eye on potential bullish developments.  

I have been able to partially create scan which only check the latest bar for being the highest/lowest it has been over the past one year. However, I want to scan for this criteria being satisfied in any of the last 30 bars. I used 240 bars as approximation of a one-year period. 

SCAN 2
Pretty much same thing as scan 1 but for force index. An extreme force index indicates exhaustion of selling or buying power. In this case the periods are Fi in last 10 days highest it has been over 180 days. 

It would be good if the numbers can be built in as variable so that different time periods can be tested. 

thank you all and best of luck with your trading.

Bana

Post Reply Post Reply