BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lines and Templates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lines and Templates
    Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 10:30am
I would like to have my lines studies on one template and not appear when I choose the next template which has moving averages. Can someone point me in the right direction have not been able to find anything that works....
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 6:43pm

jester

It's unusual to have line studies on a template, are these not stock specific.  I'm thinking of tend lines and that kind of thing, perhaps you can clarify?

CR

Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 11:28pm
Sorry, I try again.

With bhp as my stock I put a trend line on it then what ever template I choose with bhp the trend line appears in each template. I would like to know how I could put a trend line on bhp on one template and not have the trend line appear on bhp when I choose another template.

I did a search on the help file and could not find anything.
The Tools->Preferences->Templates->Save line studies....  does not seem to solve my problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.    
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 6:30pm

Jester

I don't know of a way of doing this specifically.  The easiest method I use for this kind of thing is just to open more than one chart for the stock.  One chart can have the trend lines and the other without.

CR

Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 7:07am
Thanks Chart Rider,

At least that is one option
blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 8:35am
Jester

If you are using BullCharts version 3.6.4 or later, you will have a layer manager which may do what you are looking for.  Go to Tools->Layer Manager.  You can toggle the line studies on and off by clicking the button with the "A" and a pencil on it at the top of the Layer Manager Panel.
Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 9:07am
Blackdog,

Bullcharts version 3.6.4 How long have you been using that version.

I purchased bullcharts in June this year. Version 3.4.1, they said it was the latest version. I just log on to the members section and are still showing 3.4.1 as the last upgrade.

I see version 3.6.4 is mention in this thread
http://www.bullcharts.com.au/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=396&a mp;PN=1

Can you tell me anything more

Is a new version out!

blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 1:24pm
I contacted BC about some features that I would like to see in BC and a few days later Version 3.6.6 arrived in mail (on 9-8-2007), previously I was using 3.4.1.
Main Features in the new version are
*Vista compatibility. - I havent tried this.
*Layer Manager - Its fairly crude but heaps better than no layer manager.
*Ability to apply "this stock only" tick box to stoploss indicators. I was asking for this, so I reckon its a great feature. It means different stocks can have different settings for the indicator, eg different purchase date.
*Ability to apply and select stocks by color in watchlist or scan. (Havent tried this yet but it sounds cool)
*New default setings for line color and thicknes in indicator and new default options in drawing tools. This sounds a bit ho hum, but maybe Im a little harsh.
And other misc bug fixes and minor tinkering.

The new features seem well integrated and fall eazily to hand (typical BullCharts - good SW design and implementation).
Jester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 2:45pm
Cool - I guess a update is not to far away then. 

Thanks Blackdog.
 Post Reply Post Reply