FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sydney BullCharts User Group

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydney BullCharts User Group
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:45am
Hi all,

Last weekend at the Sydney Trading and Investing Expo at Darling Harbour I was working on the BullCharts (BC) stand with Brendon and Nui, and we met with a lot of people who are interested in BC, as well as many current BC users.

There are likely to be quite a few people from the Expo trialling BC over the next few weeks, and they could be looking for others to talk to about BC, or trading/investing strategies, etc.

(After the July Expo in Melbourne we had quite a few people drop into the monthly User Group meetings to see BC in action, and talk to users.)

Anyhow, we seem to have enough interest to get a Sydney-based BullCharts User Group up and running (if Melbourne can do it for the last 4 years, then we are sure that the Sydney people can do it also - even if the Melbourne UG sub-Forum here looks to be quiet).

If you are interested, please simply reply to this Forum Topic with comments.

More details coming soon....

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
AlexS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:44pm
Hi Robert,

I am one of the people that spoke with you and both myself and my business partner are keen to get a sydney group started.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Edited by rbbrain - 10 Nov 2010 at 11:41am
Alex Sperling DIP F.S (FP) DIP F.S (MB)
PH: 1300 700 496 MOB: 0411 320 962
www.wealthconcerns.com.au Free Residex Rpts
None Advice Statement. Consider the appropriateness of this information.
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 6:22pm
Hi Alex,
I remember our conversation clearly. It was good to talk with you and Michelle at the Expo.
I will be writing to you shortly to share information about the Melbourne Group to help with ideas etc to make it easier.
In the meantime, feel free to view the information here:
http://robertbrain.com/BullChartsUserGroup/
(We might need to rename the Melbourne Group - currently called the "Australian...").
Cheers

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
AlexS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:53pm

Hi Robert,

I have resubscribed to the Bullcharts data and just waiting now on the upgrade to arrive.

Regards,

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 3:05pm
Hi Alex,

This is good news. It will be good if we can find some existing Sydney-based BullCharts users who are interested in helping get a User Group up and running.

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
AlexS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:57pm

Well after not using BullCharts for some time, having used Metastock, I must say that I am impressed with the program.

I purchased it sometime back in 2006 and did use it for a number of years until I had my PC upgraded and did not reinstall it.

As per the other posts I renewed my subscription and have been getting around the program.

Hate to say it, but BullCharts has some really good feature over Metastock, (I use both).

Reminds me that as bookkeepers (Mortgage brokers as well) I used to teach and use MYOB and never really thought much of QuickBooks, well now I don't use anything else, so you can never say never.

AlexS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:59pm
I like the flip through feature, I used to do this manually with Metastock.  I do the eyeball scan of each stock and pick out the ones that suit my setups.

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 11:46am
Hi Alex,

I believe that the way that BullCharts manages Watch Lists is much better than MetaStock - a hierarchical structure of watch list folders (if you want to have that many), and it is so easy to create a new watch list, and add a stock to it - and then to quickly view the price chart for each stock as you mentioned above (using the flip through feature).

I understand also that BullCharts is much faster to view a price chart (EOD, or weekly) because all the data is stored locally on our own hard drive, so when we select a stock to view, it is up in a flash (but some people notive that performance can drop off if the IntelliCharts feature has been running a long time without some basic manual maintenance).

The other thing that ex-MetaStock users keep telling me is that in BullCharts it is so easy to create or update a Scan without having to do any script programming - just use the drop down boxes.

I could go on, but not now, maybe later...

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 11:10pm
*** Sydney User Group Update ***

Plans are coming together to have the first Sydney User Group meeting on Wednesday 9th December 2010. An email will be sent to interested people. If you are interested and you don't get an email, please email to me and ask for details, and I will gladly forward the details.

Stay tuned for more details, including venue, time, and local coordinator.

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:45am
We had a great first meeting for the Sydney User Group a couple of weeks ago, with 15 people attending.

And a date has been set for the next one - Wednesday 12th January - same venue.

Stay tuned for more details.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>