BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Marker=types

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
gunnatrada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gunnatrada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marker=types
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 8:32am
I am trying to learn BullScript and have come accross the attribute [Marker=Type2].  I have been trying to find the different marker types in the BullCharts help files and manual but can not find reference to various marker types.  Can anyone supply a list or tell me where to find the marker types and what they do.

Thanks
Barry
jalna View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 9:09am
Barry I had problems here to. Some are called points( dots as in parabolic sars) and another is called type 1, this is a circle that is filled in.
Try loooking at the builder area of a indicator that has markers you want, go edit and then you should see how it has been written. Otherwise ring BC I always do. They are very helpful

Post Options Post Options   Quote gunnatrada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 10:33am

Hello Jalna, Thanks for the reply I did call WebLink as you suggested and got a good response.  They Emailed me with 5 marker types and the graphic displayed when the various marker=types were used.  I tried to copy and paste these graphics here but they would not apperar.  So I will try to describe them

Marker=Type1 Displays a small curcle purple with a 1 inside it.
Marker=Type2 Displays a small curcle orange with a 2 inside it.
Marker=Type6 Displays a small up blue arrow
Marker=Long   Displays small up green arrow
Marker=Short   Displays small down red arrow

jalna View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 11:08am
thanks . don't forget
Marker=points  Displays a dot and you can change the colours

Post Options Post Options   Quote gunnatrada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:28am
Hello Jalna

I have tried using [Marker=points] but only get a solid line.  Could you wrire a short but of code to demostrate the [Marker=points] function

Thanks
Barry
jalna View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:41am
Hi Barry, I'm not the one to be asking. I can't write code unfortunately
If you look under the Better Volume thread , you will see a really complicated code that I wanted . Eventuallly BC helped out and it is in there. I copied a bit form it for you.
Try linestyle=points

[name="testBar";linestyle=points;tooltip="testBar";color="Blue"]
tb:= If(testBar,L,undefined);
tb-(L*0.015);

It is on page 2 or is it 3 of that thread. Hope that is of some help.
Its not the better volume code but the VSA code
 Post Reply Post Reply