BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Market or ‘regime’ filtering in Bullcharts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Z2195067 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Z2195067 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Market or ‘regime’ filtering in Bullcharts
    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 3:52am

I have a question regarding the specific application of market filters in BullScan and script. 

I’m unsure how I would set up a filter criteria against one particular index and then continue to run that scan based on the outcome of that criteria. 

Take for example the following:

1. Firstly, I want to apply a market-based filter to determine whether I should be buying into the market or not.
    1. I want to know when say, the XAO close is above a certain indicator , like the MA or is rising.
    1. Secondly, based on the outcome of that result, I want then that scan to meet additional criteria against the universe of stocks that make up that index.
      1. So, if the XAO returns a TRUE to the above condition, it would then continue to run the scan against other criteria against the stocks in that index like for example, 15 EMA is rising for the last 3 consecutive bars, or MACD is less than 0 for any of the last 8 bars , or the momentum is highest its been in last 5 bars etc etc.

I imagine I would need some sort of scripting to run this scan, and it’s difficult to reference any material on BC itself on how to run scans against certain symbols or stock codes.

Niftyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Niftyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Hi there, this may help. You can run your first XAO scan and your results will be saved to the Last Scan Results Watchlist. You can then run your 2nd scan but in the Securities section of the 2nd scan change the securities to be scanned to Last Scan Results. Hope that helps. Regards Neville
 Post Reply Post Reply