BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Spreadsheet that ranks the ASX by trends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
John McNamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote John McNamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Spreadsheet that ranks the ASX by trends
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm
Hi All 

I am a new Guy here.

I have a placed an Excel 2003 spreadsheet in the cloud sorted by three day trend. It is also updated to the 4PM close today.
There you find 2 files. (I have had an account at Mediafire for nearly 10 years and yes it is safe)
I had trouble uploading the files to this website, they are not large.

I automatically generate the spreadsheet using VBA Basic. 
I have also attached a brief Word doc that describes the other columns.

As you can see it displays a series of columns that contain positive and negative numbers.
Please ignore the actual values, they are simply placeholders indicating the position it that particular stock comparing all the rest of the market for price change over that particular stock over the calculated period.
The columns are calculated using various periods up to the weighted column ranks stocks that have consistently performed well over twelve months.

The coloured boxes help you to see what the graph will look like when you open the chart. Look for rows of green, less dips.

The 10vup column is worth sorting on. It will rank stocks by ten day volume increase. This will be a good sort for the shorter term traders.

You can sort any column on the sheet and even hide data that meets certain criteria say show only one sector By using the selection tool drop down at the top of each column. Read the word doc. (To see evering again use the tool and select "all")

Are there any members in the bull charts group that that do this sort computer based research?
I know of one after viewing Rick Riccio's excellent presentation on using the ASX api. I would love to chat with him one day.

In case you are wondering I do not regard the spreadsheet as some sort of "Black box" trading system, and unlike a black box it does not hide any stock they are all displayed. It is just a tool. What it does do is bring forward stocks that are performing well over a particular time frame. It is then up to the investor/trader to do further research.

For the record this is just my private research being shared. I do not sell it.

Regards
John

Post Reply Post Reply