FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Stan Weinstein: BC RS vs. Mansfield Charts RS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
charlie_8 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote charlie_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stan Weinstein: BC RS vs. Mansfield Charts RS
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:20am
Hello dear BC users,

a couple weeks ago I came across a Amibroker code, that seems to be a good reflection of original RS of Mansfield Charts. I donĀ“t know, what data Mansfiled Chart used for benchmarking (I'm using S&P500 Index), may be they have used any industry or sector averages.

I compared pictures of 2 stocks from the book (GT and IBM) with charts from Amibroker and BC. we could see more or less comparable results in Amibroker and totally disagreement with BC. :(

here is the formula:

rs = RelStrength( rsSymbol );
rsMan = ( rs / MA( rs, maPeriod ) ) - 1;

dynColor = IIf( rsMan >= 0, colorLime, colorRed );
Plot( rsMan, "RS Mansfield", dynColor, styleArea );

Edited by charlie_8 - 06 May 2015 at 8:07pm
charlie_8 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote charlie_8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:11pm
I edited my post today, because all the pictures were lost. 
cmacdon View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote cmacdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:26am
Charlie-8

I am not sure what Mansfied charts are about but there used to be a post I thought from BC, somewhere on this forum saying there was a problem with the Stan Weinstein stage indicators on BC; so, I would check with BC whether whatever the problem was, in that indicator, has since been fixed.

BC User since June 2007
paulchow2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote paulchow2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 4:22pm
I used to think Relative Strength [Relative Compartive] is relative to the index of the country so if it's IBM, it's part of the DOW Jones ^DJI rather than the S&P 500 index. In Australia though that would have to be part of either the XJO or XAO although that being said, our market is so small we can just pull the index of that sector compared to the XAO/XJO index.

p
 Post Reply Post Reply