BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

uploading or copying old chart data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
thecroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thecroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uploading or copying old chart data
    Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 4:59pm
Hi folks.
Just installed a backup version of BC on my work laptop, but there isn't any chart data for dates between feb 2010 and June 2013.

Not sure how to access the chart data from my normal laptop so i can copy and paste the file (the directory tree doesn't show a file with data - or I can't find it).

What's the best way to troubleshoot this issue -  email Brendon at BC or copy and paste data from somewhere on my other PC?

Many thanks for tips

Cheers all
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 11:05am
Hi thecroc,

This forum is intended as a discussion forum for users, and the support staff don't monitor it (that's my job as the (external) User Group convenor, and forum moderator).

Having said that, I am happy to advise the following:
  1. Users are entitled to have two copies of BC installed - eg. one on a desktop and one on a laptop, provided they are intended for use by the same person at different times.
  2. Because the database is Microsoft SQL server database, it does need to be installed onto a computer from the installation / setup disk.
  3. The BullStore database could be "copied" from one machine to another, but not using standard Windows tools. It can be done using the BullCharts "Backtup" and "Restore" options - available from the menu.
  4. If only a few weeks (or months) of data are missing from a database, it is possible to simply download the missing data using the usual data download - just specify the date range.
  5. If a lot of data is missing, you can try the backup / restore option from another computer, otherwise it might be best to ask the support staff to send you a disk with the lastest data.

I hope this information has helped. Happy to provide more details if needed.

Do feel free to contact the support staff on the Sydney number (or my email: info@bullsystems.com.au) for any technical issues. They are very knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply