BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > TradeSim discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trade Parameters won't allow Fixed Percent Risk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade Parameters won't allow Fixed Percent Risk
    Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 4:03pm
Hi all

I've just upgraded to V6 after 2 years of not using Tradesim and am a bit rusty. 

I use a lot of Leon Wilson's bullscript scans, from his original formulas.  Some of his standard scans seem to not allow Fixed percent risk on the Trade Parameters windows, even though valid stop losses have been defined.  I have a number of scans that work with some parameters but if I make a minor change to parameters in the bullscript it stops me from choosing fixed percent risk.  For example I have changed a confirmation indicator of range from 5 to 4 and it all of a sudden causes problems.   I thought that it might be because the stop loss goes below 0, but I can't seem to find evidence to support this view.

When I look through the trades generated by the problem scans it seems MTS doesn't have a stop loss value, and I think that may be stopping the trade parameters from allowing me to select fixed percent risk.  I've tried excluding MTS from the trade database manager but it still doesn't allow me to select fixed percent risk for my simulations.  When I look at the chart for MTS, the ATR stop loss comes in at .04 so I thought I'd code an alternative stop (ie ATR OR ...) but my skills aren't up to that either.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix this.

Kerry

Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply