BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

how to make xjo as default startup chart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to make xjo as default startup chart
    Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:42pm
hi,  just wondering how i can make the xjo as my default startup chart everytime i turn on bullcharts, anyone?....thanks

Edited by fiesta62 - 12 Aug 2009 at 6:44pm
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:22pm
Hi again,
I can't think of a way to automatically open a specific security price chart at start up (unless we can pass startup parameters to BullCharts - don't know).
[Having said that, there is a way to "remember last session" - menu option: Tools > Preferences > General"]
However, it is easy to create a WorkSpace that is exactly how you want to view it, and then just Open the Workspace once you start BullCharts. (Remember that v3.8.x has a Workspace Manager to help with managing them.)

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 11:29am
hi again robert....well seems i need the later version to do stuff, it would have been good if they gave me the latest version to trial as there are other things that this 3.4.1 is missing....but overall i have found bull charts to be better than most i have researched,  i was using incredible charts before and it had a function to just nominate the start up chart real easy, anyway no big deal i just type in the xjo code and i'm off.....its just good to have it there everytime to remind me to look at the xjo before moving on to charting ect, thanks...fiesta62
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:17am
Hi,
Quick comment regarding BC versions.
The developers are very cautious about promoting the abolute latest version (which was in Beta for a while), until they are convinced it is "ready" for wide spread use.
They are also cautious about recommending the absolute latest version to people who use Windows XP (like me), especially if the PC is more than a couple of years old).
For me, I am happy with the latest beta, and on my 3 yo PC.
Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply