BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

template wont save correct time period

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: template wont save correct time period
    Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 7:45pm
hi, appreciate if someone can help, i have saved a daily chart template 6 months and made it my default and then added to the toolbar at base of chart it works fine.........i now want to add a weekly template chart of 5 years, after i set up chart and save this under file save template,  i then go to the customise template icon at base of chart and add the saved weekly 5 year template, all seems to go fine,  when i click on the  toolbar abbreviation for my new 5 year weekly candle chart it opens,  but the time frame is 3 years, i have repeated many times saved as 5 years but it reverts to 3 years?  ....i'm using bhp so there is plenty of data, ...i just want to have these shortcuts on the toolbar at base of chart so i can switch between 6 month day to 5 year week to 10 year month ect....help please....fiesta62
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 5:20pm
Hi,

I don't have a clear answer to this; but the following points are worth noting:
The key things that dictate the appearance of a chart include:
  1. Menu option: Tools > Preferences > Time - "Adjust data range on screen to xxx bars". As a last resort, if nothing else works, you might need to set this value to a compromise number that roughly works across all your time periods and templates. This is a global over-ride.  If you uncheck this box, my BullCharts opens the chart and then jumps the time so that all data is hidden off screen to the left, with no candles visible. I am not sure if this is the intended actions.
  2. "Space to the right of chart" - In the Time Axis Properties dialogue (right click on the Time Axis) you can change the numebr of "future" bars to have to the right of the chart. This value is saved with your template.
  3. Also look at the menu option: Tools > Preferences > Templates, in case the options here are messing you up.
However, I do feel that we don't have enough control to be able to specify the following in each template:
  1. The number of bars to display on the chart; and
  2. The number of future bars to leave to the right of the chart.
I wonder if the programmers could code this up as a future enhancement?
If you like this, then it would help for a few people to email to info@bullcharts.com.au and make the suggestion. Feel free to copy an dpaste text from here.

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 5:31pm
thanks robert, i have already done what you suggested to do a global timeframe that works across all templates, but its not perfect, does the job, but i would really like to set the number of bars different for day then week then month templates ect.....so hope someone at bull charts sorts it....thanks again...fiesta62 
ps just about to post another more simple question i hope that someone can answer....
 Post Reply Post Reply