BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

External Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kennerhk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kennerhk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: External Data
    Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:59am
I trade the U.S. markets and so cannot subscribe to the BullCharts data, which I was told is strictly Australian market data.

I've currently just use MLDownloader to just pull EOD data from the web and it's been okay for the most part, but it doesn't have indices nor fundamental information, so I'm missing a lot of information that I would like to have now. 

Just wondering if anyone else out there is using 3rd party data and what your experience or recommendations are.  I've was told early on that even if I went with a high quality data feed service like eSignal, etc. that I'd be wasting my money because BC can't really display anything other than the most basic price information when using 3rd party services. 

I was hoping that would change with upgrades to the software, but I've been waiting over a year for an upgrade and it doesn't seem like one is coming any time soon, so just trying to figure out how to make the existing version work better.

All advice/experience welcome.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 8:21pm
If you want an Australian vendor, try either Premium Data (premiumdata.net) or Just Data (justdata.com.au).  Personally I prefer Premium Data because its data software is really smart. But you should take on their free trials to see for yourself.

Their data are in Metastock format, so you will have to run Bullcharts in Metastock mode. From memory I asked Brendon for the Metastock activation code.

rcameron View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 7:02pm
I use Premium Data successfully with the latest version of BullCharts for Forex, Futures and World Indices using Windows XP Professional, but have problems when using with Vista. There is a small bug in that you have to set the metastock data base as the primary data source (initially you get an error message but try it again and it works). I have worked out that you can use both BullCharts and Premium Data, by first using Metastock as the primary source and set up various Watchlists. Then switch to BullCharts as the primary source and the Watchlist are retained - the best of both worlds! Cheers Rod 
 Post Reply Post Reply