FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LineStyle NoPlot/Hidden

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
maximo View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote maximo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LineStyle NoPlot/Hidden
    Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 5:47pm
Can also make averages invisible from the properties menu.  Right click, last option. Then send its value to the back. If you want everything saved the way you like then you can save it as a Custom Template.
maximo View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote maximo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 5:43pm
tamas, are you running the vista version of BC?    I have the XP version.
If there's an issue maybe you can contact support.

I have noticed the value still displaying while invisible yes, all I can suggest is right click on the visible average and selecting from the order menu - [send to back] if its obscuring another price plot.   To make it disappear however is something someone else will have to answer.

tamas6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tamas6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 3:11pm
Hi Maximo,

Thanks for the response, however, I don't think you quite understood what I'm looking to do. I'll try another example

Imagine placing 2 Moving Averages on a chart, 1 a 12 period exponential moving average, the other a 26 period exponential moving average.

When you move your cursor across the moving averages, it shows the moving average values for both the short and the long, even though your cursor may be on the 12 period MA.

Now, imagine Not Plotting the 12 period exponential moving average, HOWEVER, still displaying its value.

This is the result I'm trying to achieve. Hope that makes things clearer.

Looking forward to a response
maximo View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote maximo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 5:26pm
I could've gotten that around the wrong way. That is the values are too large and so try dividing the values by 10 instead of multiplying.
maximo View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote maximo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 5:23pm

Hi Tamas,

I think it's working as it should, that is not displaying the result of the calculation, but still scaling the chart according to the values of a + b;

You haven' t given those values but you did say the chart is 10x smaller,  so that implies the results are attempting to plot (invisibley) low values.   Try multiplying the results by 10 if you're attempting to overlay it on price.   If you're attempting to merge 2 indicators in a single window then there's a formula for that.

This works fine, so a bit more information does help.

[Name=xyz; visible=yes] {or no} 

res := (H + L + C) /3;

res

tamas6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tamas6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 10:54am
Hi,

I've started modifying one of the standard indicators that comes with BullCharts. I'm trying to display the results of a calculation as follows:

[Name=xyz; linestyle=noplot]
res := a + b;
res;

When I put the indicator on my chart, I don't see the result of the calculation anywhere on my chart

When I try the following (which is what also seems to be documented in the documentation)

[Name=xyz; linestyle=hidden]
res;

It actually puts the line on my chart!

The only way to display the results of the calculation are:

[Name=xyz; visible=no]
res

However, it squashes my chart as the result of the calculation is of a magnitude 10x smaller than the actual value of the price.

Has anybody successfully used linestyle=noplot? All I want to do is to display the results of my calculation without squashing my graph

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply