BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

intellcharts

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: anywone see file bloat with Intellicharts?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intellcharts
    Posted: 11 Oct 2007 at 9:29pm
I already got 3.6 via CD, but maybe Bullcharts can consider releasing it via P2P.
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2007 at 4:31pm
look here:

http://www.bullcharts.com.au/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=345&a mp;a mp;a mp;KW=dingo&TPN=1

and 

http://www.bullcharts.com.au/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=275&a mp;a mp;a mp;KW=dingo

I tried to paste a link but it wouldn't take it; copy the above into the address bar.

The multiple IC folders problem (with Metastock data) was supposed to have been fixed but I haven't got the latest version yet to see.

The lack of a link to the V3.6 was raised here:

http://www.bullcharts.com.au/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=417&a mp;PN=1&TPN=3

and was going to be fixed supposedly.

Edited by Dingo
gilhunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gilhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2007 at 5:43pm
Beware using intellicharts, there is some serious memory bloat, which can seriously slow down moving through watchlists.
I use metastock data as my source, US stock only.
I added a 'parallel lines' trend to the stock SPY, then moved to another chart.
A intellichart file was created for SPY with a file size of 2.6 megabytes.
I moved back to the SPY stock, then moved to another chart, WITHOUT making any changes, and now the Intellichart file went up to 5.192 meg.
I like Intellicharts, but it can really slow down walking through watchlists.
I couldn't figure out at first why my system was so slow (it was taking me about a minute to move from one stock to the next), but eventually tracked it down to the size of the Intellicharts. I had several different line studies for SPY (rectangles, trend lines, nothing complicated), and the resultant Intellichart file was 97 megabiytes. Other stocks has smaller file sizes, but were still many megabytes. My system was spending all its time reading in the next Intellichart file.
I have seen this problem both in 3.3, and the newer 3.4.1. The supposedly 3.6 doesn't have a link in the download page, so maybe it doesn't really exist.

If you use metastock for your data source, the Intellicharts are in c:\MetaStock Data\US Stocks\(sub-directory)\BullCharts IntelliCharts

I still like BullCharts hands down over MetaStock; I've just become very careful about when I add a line study to a chart.
 Post Reply Post Reply