BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > TradeSim discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EXIT - ATR Trailing Stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
REKAU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote REKAU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EXIT - ATR Trailing Stop
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:44pm

I am trying to add the Wilson ATR trailing stop to the EXIT criteria for my Tradesim scan.  The problem I have is that the Indicator requires a entry date so that it can calculate the stop from there on.  Not sure how I can go about doing this, I really want a non returning stop to govern my exit.

Any help would be brilliant.

hellodolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellodolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2007 at 11:53am

g'day

I see no one has replied! Very sad, especially as I am facing the same problem. Did you by chance come up with the answer?

Bye

jhubbard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jhubbard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 10:01pm
I would also like to be able to use the entry date in my exits... did anyone have any luck with this?
Tanaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tanaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 4:11pm

I want a simple 5% stop loss. I know nothing about coding. I tried simply typing:  entryprice*.95 in the Exit tab and I also tried it in the Stops tab, but I get a TradeSim error: First index [200] > Last index [-1]. I have also spent hours trying to understand the TradeSim manual regarding Initial Stops but can’t get my head around it. My entries and exits show up perfectly in bullcharts when I code entryprice*.95 but TradeSim doesn’t like it.

I’d really appreciate some help. Smile

Brianjohnson07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brianjohnson07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 10:30pm
The installation of this (Bull charts) Software is very simple and easy and also easy to read. everyone can use it very easy because it is very simple to follow Who is a little nervous about this software. It is sure that every one can use end of the day data and there is no need to have the live data this is the benefit of this program. This software has all the windows menu's on the top. And all the other placed tool are on the left side of this program. 
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 12:53am
You need to create an ATR indicator that doesn't need a start date and then use in your testing.

I suggest you copy and modify the existing Wilson ATR trailing stop or you could have a look at the Jim Berg trailing stop which is also based on the ATR.
 Post Reply Post Reply