BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Indicators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brianb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indicators
    Posted: 01 Apr 2006 at 12:21pm

I have created an indicator in the Indicator Builder using markers.

I can change the markers in the insert indicator dialog box, but I wish to change the attributes in the builder. The item I wish to change are the marker type ie the shape (arrow or circle etc) the position and want to remove the name and above or below etc.

Is there a list that shows the different types of attributes.

Thanks

SteveA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SteveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 12:58am
I prefer not to use the standard markers (type1, type2, long/buy/up, short/sell/down) because they lack scripting flexibility.

You can however set the marker attribute to any single character, and it will map onto an icon from the WingDings character set. Any single digit for example, will give you that number in a circle. I use [marker="["] to produce the yin & yan symbol for an overbought / oversold marker. There are lots of others that are useful. (Note that to get the pair of scissors, for which the character is ", you need to use \ to escape it as follows: [marker="\""].)

If you use a single character for the marker, then you can set the colour in the same way as you would for any other indicator, you can position it above the plot with [align=above], and/or turn off the label with [label=off].

If you would like to use an icon from a font other than WingDings, or one that is not available via one of the single character mappings, then you need to use [linestyle=text] and [font=WingDings], etc to produce the icon, and possibly another text element for the label using a regular font.
 Post Reply Post Reply