FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Release of BullCharts 3.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Release of BullCharts 3.2
    Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by chart rider

Since updating Bullcharts, I can't edit an existing Tradesim code. 

The backtest routine still runs OK, but if I now try to edit, an error occurs saying that the "entrytrigger" parameter (referenced in the exit tab for the purpose of defining a trailing stop loss), is unrecognised in the exit tab.  This occurs even if no actual change is made when in edit mode.

What's the deal here?

CR

can you send me rhe script yo are using so can test - brendonl@weblink.com.au

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 5:13pm
Thanks for feedback.  They are good ideas. Shall keep in mind.  Currently working on the next version due in 4-5 months.
IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 5:10pm
Firstly congrats on some great imporvements!
- floating window is a bonus and really useful
- a couple of bug fixes that have removed some minor irritations
- a HUGE thanks for multi-scan, it's great.  Not tested in detail but so far so good.

I do have 2 requests that I think many would also find useful...

1. An undo function.  Occasionally I make a mistake and delete the wrong object (no comments please!).  It would be great to click "undo" to put it back rather than having to re-do the item that was deleted.

2. A copy function.  In particualar, I like to copy a trend line and place it somewhere else on the same chart.  This doesn't appear to be possible at the moment.  I have to manually re-draw another one along side and then move it. Have I missed something?

These 2 'features' aside, it's great.   Keep up the excellent work.

ITT.

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 7:02am
Shall test.
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2006 at 8:15pm

Since updating Bullcharts, I can't edit an existing Tradesim code. 

The backtest routine still runs OK, but if I now try to edit, an error occurs saying that the "entrytrigger" parameter (referenced in the exit tab for the purpose of defining a trailing stop loss), is unrecognised in the exit tab.  This occurs even if no actual change is made when in edit mode.

What's the deal here?

CR

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2006 at 9:20am

Originally posted by Owen

I just worked out the problem! It's to do with IntelliCharts but occur only on 3.2. I did not have this problem with 3.0.2.

Previously I had the "Save different Intellichart for each time period" checked but  "Use IntelliChart" unchecked. Then after seeing Brendon's reply I thought maybe this has something to do with Intellicharts. So I unchecked "Save different Intellichart for each time period". Then problem solved!

It seems Intellichart still has some influence unless you uncheck both buttons.

Have fixed in the next release 3.2.1 due soon.

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2006 at 10:55am
Re:the freeze problem. I have this occasionally too. I am on dial-up and have found that when I try to close BC via the topright X while connected to the net it sometimes freezes. If I close the net connection it then shuts down straight away?? But it does seem worse the longer BC is active.
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by Dingo

When I change the time period by using the drop down window, it seems to work OK.

I have Templates set up that changes the time period as well as the indicators / line studies.  When I change between templates, the chart changes as advertised but the scroll bar at the bottom is full left on the page vice full right.  Because of this, the chart dispalyed has the last few ticks of data scrolled of the right side of the chart (not always?).  You then need to click in the chart and scroll or use the 'Go to End of Chart' button to get to the end of the chart.

Can you please send me the templates you are using as I can reproduce - brendonl@weblink.com.au

Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 3:02pm
Also forgot to say thanks for the product - great job.

Its all to easy to advise whats wrong, but they all generally fall into the 'icing' category.

Great product and support! Thanks.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 2:12pm
OK - I remember now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>