FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Script Each Column Separately

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script Each Column Separately
    Posted: 05 Feb 2006 at 9:38am
I'm coverting one of my bullscans to a "Script Each Column" scan.  In the process I'm finding that I cant reference the columns as 'colA' in the filter etc as the help file outlines.

The variable isn't recognised..

I'm I missing something here?

I worked it out I needed to reference with "colA"...

zzkazu

Edited by zzkazu
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2006 at 4:53pm

Shall check.  May need to update manual.

zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2006 at 7:45pm
Brendon,

bottom of my post outlined I was using the wrong syntax.
zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2006 at 9:52am
I just realised by using the reference "colA" that the filter isn't filtering on the column results.  Seems to be treating like a comment.

Anybody else using column scripting?

I thought the filter would be

colA AND colB

I was using

"colA" AND "colB"

but  with or without filter you get the same results..

Edited by zzkazu
xerques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote xerques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 7:56pm
Sometimes, Bullcharts flags "unrecognised variable colA", etc. when run. It usually goes through on second attempt.  Some sort of intermittent bug.
I do not use double-quotes when specifying colA or colB in the filter tab and I don't think you should use them.  I suspect that you have errors in your columns.  Can you explain what you mean by "with or without filter you get the same results."??  Do you get nothing at all in the results list or everything gets through?

zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2006 at 10:25am
Thanks for the reply xerques.  What I mean is the same results appear with or without filter content.  But again I was using ".."  which most probably meant the filter wasn't being used,  so the outcome is not surprising.

I will try to force the bullscan to accept the colA etc references to see what happens;  if it works then truely strange.

zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2006 at 10:30am
Looks like it works as you said... Error when creating and "applying and running"  I just apply and re-open to run.

thanks  this one had be stratching my head.
 Post Reply Post Reply