FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Linking Symbols

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linking Symbols
    Posted: 28 Feb 2005 at 10:04am
Here's last weeks tip, a little bit late.

If you've got a large monitor, you can lay multiple windows out on the screen at once. Do this by selecting "Tile Windows" from the Window menu. In the screen below, I have a chart tiled with the security summary window.

Normally when you select a security from your WatchList, or by other means, only the active window updates. However, you can link the symbol across all windows so that when one window changes, they all change. To do this, click on the link window icon next to the symbol box:

Now flicking through your watchlist can automatically load a chart, security details, market depth, or any other window you have open.

A word of caution: if you have a lot of windows open (even if they're minimised) then the computer may slow down as they all reload at the same time. I suggest only using this with only 3-4 windows open. And turn the linking off after use.

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2005 at 9:22pm
Peter,
I did the excersise as above and noticed something with the closing prices. I had downloaded the latest price update but the Security Summary still showed the previous days close, and the chart showed today's close.
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 10:50am
The security summary is one of the web-based reports, so it comes from our server and doesn't use the data you've loaded into your database. However it seems odd that it would be showing delayed data. What plan are you on?
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 12:04pm
End of day, 7.30pm download
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
 Post Reply Post Reply