FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gann indicators in Bullscript

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
cmacdon View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote cmacdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gann indicators in Bullscript
    Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 4:42pm
As discussed, with Robert, I will add various posts over the next week or so, covering these Bullscript topics themed around the work of WD Gann but not necessarily in this order:

1.     Obtaining vibration statistics from previous price history
2.     Checking vibrations are working
3.     Coding a Gann Square from a significant Low based on the vibration selected.
4.     Coding a bar count of the bottom of the Square.
5.     Adding Gann % levels.
6.     Adding Gann Angles
7.     Testing above to Gann’s 1935 course "The basis of my Forecasting Approach” (which can be downloaded, usually free, off the internet).
8.     Adapting the Gann approach to T.H. Murrey's Math logic.
9.     Buy and Sell markers for a % level Grid per Murrey Math
10.     Applying Quarter Circles based on Gann or Michael Jenkins Logic
11.     Steps to be applied to integrate some or all of the above, into a single Bullchart's indicator.
12. Fixing the scale of a Bullchart chart.

I will provide Gann references and notes when needed but I assume most of you are "au fait" with Gann's writings; and, this is mainly a Bullscript coding tutorial type exercise.

If there area some Gann multiple concepts e.g. having an indicator that draws a Gann Square from a significant Low or a significant High or a range, I will explain why I do the Gann Square with Angles indicator in Bullscript from a Significant Low or a Zero directly under a Significant High or Low to achieve the desired results but with a little thought using one indicator not three or four slightly different indicators.

Note the indicators developed will be mainly based around Gann's mathematical approach. I am not covering any of his Astro methods.

I will point out some issues with applying Bullscript for Gann Indicators, and how I get around the issues. There may be better ways you can contribute.

If you have additional Gann indicators in Bullscript or can improve on my coding then please by all means add your comments and improved coding but give it a week or so until I can embed most of the posts covering the above agenda. As some things not obvious in the individual posts may be covered in later posts as the coding gets more integrated and complex.

So hopefully, this Bullcharts Gann Forum subset should build up a body of useful and improving knowledge for everyone using Bullscript who also has an interest in the maestro W.D. Gann.

Edited by cmacdon - 14 Oct 2014 at 6:53pm
BC User since June 2007
 Post Reply Post Reply