FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW VERSION - Calling for input...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 9:22am
Hi mcdirt,
Thank you for your input- we can add these items to our wish list for future upgrades.
re: Chart bars spacing.... not sure exactly what you are referring to - can you post a chart picture?
Cheers
Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 3:04pm
Hi Robert,

This is a Weekly chart of XJO Volume showing uneven spacing of bars - some are touching and others have big gaps - does not make BC look Professional grade charting program!

mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 12:46am
I'd also like to have the Tile Windows function work so that the placement of the windows can be changed by re-arranging the tabs at the bottom of the screen. If I rearrange the tabs, then select Tile Windows, I'd like the Windows to redraw so that I can get each window I want in my preferred position. 

I cannot figure out how to do this in the current version, the Windows always draw in some arbitrary order & I cannot change it.

Hopefully I've explained what I mean.

thanks
mcdirt
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 10:22am
Hi mcdirt,

Sorry for delay in replying.

This is regarding the "feature" that you highlight to do with the volume axis and scale.
I can see the issue that you refer to; however, I think this is how it is supposed to be.
Any "gaps" that you can see are due to non-trading days such as holidays.
Please remember that the time axis on a regular price chart is a strict linear scale, so BullCharts handles the data correctly. The gaps indicate the non trading days.

If you think this is not professional, then take a look at something like http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui and view the weekly version of the chart. Notice that all volume bars touch the adjacent bars, and that some bars are thinner than others.

But, do you have a price chart from another professional charting program which does not show gaps? If so, please post it for the developers to look at and comment on.

Also, you are looking at a weekly chart, which complicates things a little. Because the vertical bars that are along the axis between the month letters, suggest the months are different durations. And in fact this is somewhat true. Notice that the last day of a calendar month is sometimes mid-week, so the vertical bars along the axis ought to be placed exactly where the month ends. Interpreting this on the chart is not easy.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 1:19am
Hi Robert,

Surely a weekly chart should just be a continuous series of bars/candles, one for each trading week and equally spaced, irrespective of when the 1st day of any year or the start/end of any month is?

The only time you would get a zero volume bar (gap) on the chart of the XJO would be if the ASX was closed for an entire week which does not happen?

rgds mcdirt

Edited by mcdirt - 31 Jan 2014 at 2:37am
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 2:48am
Comparison of MetaStock v11 (top) vs BullCharts (bottom) ...

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 5:44pm
Hi mcdirt,
I will refer this to the developers and tech support staff for comment.
Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 2:20pm
Hi mcdirt and others,

The tech support staff have reviewed this detail regarding the volume bars, and have agreed that a small tweak is justified.
Please note the following key points:
  1. BullCharts displays a bar for the first day of the week that has trading data.  In this case Wednesday.  Normally a Monday (see screen shot below).
  2. By hovering over the bar you will see the date of the bar as 27 April for the week starting 25 April.  In this case there is a bar for that short week.
  3. We have decided to change our rule.  For a short week, always display the bar on the Monday even though it may not be a trading day.
  4. This change will appear in the next version.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 8:21pm
Thanks for the info Robert
joea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote joea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 9:55am
Robert B

It has been in excess of 6 months since your post was initiated.
Perhaps it is time that a list, or 3 lists of suggested improvements be compiled.

I would suggest 3, with Low, Medium and High priority.
This way the users of BullCharts can see what maybe improved.
I would also suggest the lists be open to comments. i.e. items on one list maybe added to another.

Regardless of what you are attempting to achieve, I think a time frame would be appreciated by the users.

Regards Joe Allen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>