FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Portfolio manager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
jalna View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portfolio manager
    Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:37pm
When you sell some shares , how do you enter that into the portfolio manager ?
I want to keep a running total of portfolio profit or loss. I can't work out how to put in my sells
wombat40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wombat40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 2:52pm
Gday mate,
                  im with you on this one...i could put the buys in , but not the sells...i think it falls short there...

bought stator for that function.....it does it best

mark
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:28pm
Hi folks,

This forum is for users to exchange ideas and ask each other questions. If my brief explanation about the latest Portfolio Manager doesn't help much, then we should refer to the BullCharts office (by email or phone).

In the Portfolio Manager, it isn't obvious (and this version does need a little more tweaking); but it is possible to enter the sells.

You need to consider each entry as a "position", and not as a "transaction". So, when you enter a "buy" you are opening a "position".  To enter your sells against the same stock, you need to double-click on the "position" to open it (or use the "Position Edit" button at the bottom of the window), then you can "Enter" a transaction against this position.

Without any screen prints, I hope that this explanation helps.

I think the support staff will be pleased to take feedback by email to: info@bullsystems.com.au

Cheers

Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
jalna View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote jalna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:55pm
so the portfolio manager just shows you what stock you have open in the market.
 It can't keep a running total of loss or profit on open and closed trades you have done in the past. is that correct ?
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:56pm
Hi,
No, it maintains all transactions, so you can see performance, progressively.
Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
bluey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 1:07pm
I use Joseph Barrington-Law's JBL Risk Manager and find it excellent. Tells when to Hold & Exit trades and keeps track of present and sold trades.

Bluey
 Post Reply Post Reply