FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MSSQL server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSSQL server
    Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 10:55am
A special MetaStock key is available to people on request if they wish to run BullCharts using MetaStock data. Contact BullCharts support if you would like a key.

Once you've entered the key into BullCharts, MetaStock becomes a data source option in the Data tab of preferences. When you select this, you can enter your top-level MetaStock folder - then BullCharts will run in MetaStock mode and will load securities from that folde instead of from the BullStore database.

Once the key is ented, you also get a Open Metastock option in the File menu, so you can load metastock data while still remaining in BullSystems mode.

davkell View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote davkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2005 at 12:36pm
What is this Metastock mode?
"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom."
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 11:28pm
I don't think WinXP ever explained why, otherwise I would have remembered something.

I actually use Bullcharts in Metastock mode. Does this mean I don't need SQL server?
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 11:01am
Does it say why the SQL server needs to close?

The SQL Server stores all the stock-price data used by BullCharts (well, when it's not in MetaStock mode), and BullCharts should start it automatically whenever it's needed.

I know the SQL server needs to be stopped when the stock database is being removed or altered (when uninstalling or upgrading BullCharts), but other than that it shouldn't have to close.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 10:37am
When using Bullchart I frequently get a message saying that the MSSQL server needs to close, so I just close and restart it. This has happened numerous times and I'm starting to wonder what this SQL thing does. Bullcharts seems to work OK when I'm too lazy to turn SQL back on.
 Post Reply Post Reply