FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Converting Scans to Indicators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converting Scans to Indicators
    Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 9:46am
You can see the BullScript documentation by go to the help menu and selecting "Getting Started with BullScript".

From there, a good place to start is to go to the "Sample Indicator" help topic (located 3rd from the bottom in the Contents tab). This discusses the BullScript for one of the built in indicators, so you can learn by example.

If you've got a scan, and you want to create an indicator for it, at the moment you'll have to do it by hand - but it's a good idea and I'll think about if we can automate it. But if you have, for example, the following scan:
1. High is greater than previous close
2. Volume is greater than 1000000
then you could make an indicator marker with this BullScript:

[linestyle=marker; target=price]
[marker=type1; name=Demo]
high > hist(close,1) and volume > 1000000;

Hope this helps.

davkell View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote davkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 10:00pm

Any simple suggestions as to how Scans (which are quite easy to set-up) can be converted into indicators. I am wondering how to convert scanning tools into indicators so you can see Buy/Sell signals within the chart.

PS: Where do we get some proper training/info on learning Bullscan language....I'm pretty good (self taught) with Excel but can't figure it out (yet!).

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom."
 Post Reply Post Reply