BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishlist
    Posted: 12 Sep 2004 at 12:28pm

This is a good idea Bullcharts staff and I must take the opportunity in giving you guys a wrap because of your great software and enthusiam to please your customers. It's one thing these days to get customers but keeping them is equally important. Keep up the good work.

There are a couple of extra features I would like to see which myself and probably others have put to staff  but I would like to run the ideas by other users.

1. Having the ability to operate alarm functions from the chart window is a feature I would like to see. It is usually when viewing a stock's chart that the decisions are made as to where buy and sell.  If at 2 or 3  clicks of a mouse an alarm could be set from a chart window then we could all save valuable time. I know this feature is coming but if other users have ideas we can put to staff then hopefully there will be less bugs to iron out when it becomes operational.

2. This is another feature which I hope is coming soon and that is tear off windows. Most serious daytraders have at least 2 monitors some even up to 5 so having the ability to move windows around gives the BC program more flexibilty.

Cheers

Mustard

Peter Crowe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2004 at 9:24pm
Thanks for yet another great innovation Bull Charts Forum.

The more I use this software and discover what has been implemented the more I realise that I have made the right decision to buy.

Support is excellent

Like Mustard I too would appreciate an alarm function settable by a series of selected stocks (watchlist) that generatees an alarm and resets ready to generate the next alarm at the same preset level ie 5 cents or some tick value.

A popup window could display the alarm condition

The alarm could be a selected audio file, email pager SMS

The other feature which I would like to see is the ability to select a series when using Bull Scan.
When trading CFD or Warrants there are only certain stocks available or the user may not wish to scan the whole market. Maybe additional selection by sector codes

Just a couple of thoughts

Keep up the good work. This product leaves Metastock in the dust.

cheers

Peter

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 1:21pm
Hi guys,

Yes, we've definitely had a lot of requests for watchlists, sector scanning and alarm, and these things are already mapped out in our planning. I've also started programming on the tear-away windows for multiple monitors (I've got dualies myself.. very handy). So we're definitely planning to get at least some of these out over the next few months.

We'll be using this forum as one way of figuring out which things people want the most. So, keep the ideas coming!

southerncross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote southerncross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 11:28am
Is it possible to set up a price alarm using EOD data rather than intra day?
Seahorse View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 8:38am

The "WatchList" feature, when implemented, will take BullCharts to a whole new level of user interaction. The ability to scan selected groups of stocks will be great.

If possible, I also consider the ability to round prices to two decimal places would be a worthwhile addition.

Edited by Seahorse
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:13am

Originally posted by southerncross

Is it possible to set up a price alarm using EOD data rather than intra day?

The ticker/alarm for those on the live plan is designed for live updates.

We do have plans for a full on alarm system that can use both live/eod.  Current project is on the watchlist for BullScan

Brendon

moorigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 5:06pm

Hi guys.  yeh i know, one thing at a time but assuming there is no existing facility on bullcharts, is it likely, and are punters interested in, accessing info on commodities such as gold and oil.

if these features are already available on bullcharts please let me know where.

if not, i find them useful when analysing particular stocks.

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 9:40am
We don't supply commodity data at the moment, but BullCharts will let you open MetaStock data files - and I'm pretty sure that there are data vendors who supply commodities in the MetaStock format.

SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 11:18am

Moorigan,

check out www.HQUOTES.com You can download futures data from the utility as metastock format.

Unfortunately they don't provide Mini contracts yet, but most certainly they provide data on all the full contracts. CLX4 for the full contract of Crude Oil for example.

This data is adjusted too!!! Meaning that rollover gaps are accounted for.

For a once of cost or $49 this is an awesome way to add EOD (and delayed intraday) commodity data to your analysis.

regards,

Simon

chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 4:26pm
Presumably this provides snapshot futures charts.  The question is, can real time futures charts be displayed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>