FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Alerts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alerts
    Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 5:29pm
Hi all,

As many might realise, BullCharts v 3.8.x now has an Alerts feature. With slight changes in the latest version 3.8.2. (The official view is that 3.8.2 is still in beta; but I have been using for ages, and it is worth it, and runs okay on Win XP).

We have not had enough people testing this to iron out all glitches.  One that we now have  handle on is as follows:

If you create an Alert - no problem.
If you delete an Alert - no problem.
If you try to move an existing Alert by simply dragging it, it should save; but it doesn't (this will be fixed in next version update).

So, the work around for this (to move an Alert) is:
delete the exiting Alert (select it and hit Delete key),
then re-create the Alert at the new price point.

This might save some angst.

Cheers

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 1:29pm
I am currently using v.3.6.7 (Windows XP + cable).

Are there any benefits by upgrading?
eg. To be able to set alerts would be nice.
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 2:01pm
Hello,

Alerts are useful for some people.

There are other nice features that have been added since 3.6.7 including: Workspace Manager, and facility to compress/expand the price axis by dragging the axis line (to give more blank space above/below the price action).

I have been using 3.8.x for ~12 months, and have upgraded to 3.8.2 when it was available, and to 3.8.4 in early October - no sweat.

To upgrade, phone the BullSystems staff in the Sydney office. (Unfortunately I can't help with this as I am an independent user - non-staff).

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 3:18pm
Hi
I am currently using BC 3.8.6 and find the alert feature a step in the right direction but it doesn't go far enough for the professional trader who relies on dynamic data feed. The dynamic feed into the charts is great but it also needs to be into the alert system  for me to use it.

Downloading snapshot data and then running a scan just doesn't cut it for the pro trader. It is too time consuming and just another thing you have to remember to do and usually by the time all that is done its too late to enter a trade if the price action still suits your trading model.

Once again a nice step in the right directiona but it's not quite there yet. Webiress alerts are accurate (most of the time) but cumbersome to have to constantly sift through then revert to the chart and then go back to once again adjust alerts.

Weblink.............. there is a big demand to get this right I think. Dynamic alerts and charts, all in one and you have a big winner.

Cheers
Mustard
thecroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thecroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 7:37pm
Hi all

My maximum number of alerts is 100 :(    Not happy.  Don't want to delete any old ones. Bit like my garage - can't throw anything out! lol

Is there any way of increasing it to 300?

I love the feature.

Please programme it to increase the number of alerts if possible.  Don't want to miss out on a multibagger!

Cheers

Greg (Melbourne)
brentjedi View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote brentjedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 11:34pm
I also use dynamic data which should have a intraday alert feature, I also started using Iress which is great but can't look everywhere at once.
Trading is art of self
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 12:21pm
Hi BC team.
 How is the tick box for the automatic download snapshot feature going ?............It was promised but maybe forgotten about.

Remembering to download data intra day regularly is a pain in the neck in order to trigger alerts. Good if you can remember but with the early onset of alzehiemers (according to my wife), it is an issue.

A tick box to download the snapshot data every 20mins  would be a good start but 10 mins would be better. I am on the dynamic live data plan but as most know, you still need to download snapshot data in order to trigger alerts.

Cheers
 Mustard

Edited by Mustard - 14 Jan 2013 at 9:15am
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm
Hi Mustard,
Unfortunately the BC staff don't monitor this forum for requests, feedback, etc.
This forum is regarded as a "user" forum for the users to exchange information, and ask questions etc of each other.
Information intended for the BC staff needs to be emailed to: info@bullsystems.com.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 7:50pm
Ok thanks Robert.
Mustard
 Post Reply Post Reply