BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

data from Bullcharts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Kimberly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kimberly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: data from Bullcharts
    Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:10pm
Hi folks,
Thanks for the replies. I still have the exact same problem - all ishares data ends at 08-05-2008.  The problem remains even though I have reinstalled the program with a recent copy from Bullcharts web site.  I can only assume rbbrain has a different Bullcharts program from mine, as otherwise my pc behaves normally in all respects (as far as I can determine).
I did receive a phone call over the matter from a Bullcharts rep (disremember the name - sorry) but he seemed mystified and also stated he had access to all ishares data ........

I have a work around by means of FCharts which can take data from anywhere and I now update this daily (manually) - this shows all ishares no problem as well as being very fast and easy to use, only snag is it is tedious to program.

Thanks again,

Kimberly

fogey
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 9:58am
Hi Mavis,
My comment above still applies. I have checked my BullCharts again, and I do have all data from mid-July. And on the live data plan, we can see intraday data.
But, one word of caution.  The number of Trades daily on these stocks is very very low (ie. they are very thinly traded).  Many of us would not trade these stocks because if you need to exit in a hurry, there might be no buyers and will be stuck with the stock.
So, it is off my radar for consideration.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
IreneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote IreneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 10:02pm
Hi Kimberley,

My system jibes at IEM and all the iShares codes, data stopping at 8/5/08, except for IAA, which is OK and apparently did not start until 10/9/08. Is there a clue here?

BullCharts says to re-intall the program but this does no good.

Could other userse please check iShare charts for their systems?

If enough of us report a problem perhaps Bull Sytems might have a closer look at it.

Mavis Golightly
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 11:40am
Hi Kimberly,
Just wondering if you got an answer to your problem?
I notice now (26 Oct 2008) that on a chart of IEM that there is a hole in the data from early May until mid July, but the data from mid July to now seems to be there.
I am curious to understand where this problem originated.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
Kimberly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kimberly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 12:44am
Confused
I use eod data from Bullcharts, mostly OK but struck a problem recently.  Cannot download or display any ishares data [IEM, IEU,IHK etc] later than May 8 although they are all clearly trading most days ....... spoke with infobs and they state it is a glitch! .... whose I wonder, my set up works just fine and I can get the data elsewhere .....

Any suggestions for a work around would be welcome.
fogey
 Post Reply Post Reply