BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VISTA #@?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
warlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote warlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VISTA #@?!!!
    Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 10:51pm

Have just upgraded (downgraded?) from XP to Vista.  Then had to upgrade Bullcharts 3.4.1. to 3.6.7. Install appears to be successful, tho it didn't proceed as per the hand-out (eg didn't ask if I wanted to install Microsoft.NET Framework 1.0 package).  After completing installation and updating historical database etc and then attempting to open it I get the main screen but when I type in a stock code I get: "A problem was encountered while trying to load intellichart file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" then "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application" I have then uninstalled and reinstalled (precisely following instructions) and am back with the problem ....which also prevents getting out of Bullcharts via "close" or X-box (the error message re-occurs).  I used Ctrl/Alt/Delete then swear profusely!!! Any solutions?

Edited by warlock
blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 12:47pm
warlock,

Interesting way to spend your summer holidays... getting your old software to work with the new operating system... 

Me, I will wait till enough people say how great the old software works with the new operating system. Vista is still a long way from that point.

Your best bet at this stage is to email Brendon at info@bullsystems.com. He usually responds quickly to emails (but not to posts on the forum). Assuming he is not away on his holidays, he will have someone sort out a solution pronto. At least it should be more productive than your sworn testimony.

Regards,
BD

michaelandnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote michaelandnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 6:24am
Had the same problem.

Solution

Right click on the bullcharts icon and then click run as administrator. It works then.

took me 6 months to get solution

Regards

Michael
investforwealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote investforwealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 2:02pm
I have Vista on my main PC and have been running BullCharts in a VMWare virtual machine with Windows XP.  Obviously this is a bit of a pain, but at the time I went to the new PC, there was no vista-compatible version of BullCharts available and it seemed to be my only option.

I've regularly checked the Bull Systems website for a new vista-compatible version of BullCharts, but the "latest" version available for download still seems to be 3.4.1.  I don't recall receiving any correspondence from Bull Systems advising that a newer version was available, which is quite disappointing given that some of you are obviously running a version later than 3.4.1.

Can someone tell me how to obtain the latest version if it's not available from the website please?
warlock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote warlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:54pm

Hi "Investfor wealth".  My original woes began with an XP update to Vista. I contacted Brendon who sent me Version 3.6.7. However it still didn't work. Even "run as administrator" didn't work (thanks michaelandnet). This was a problem not with Vista per se ... but upgading new software on an old computer (bad move!!!!).  My solution has been a new laptop running Vista Ultimate. Loaded Version 3.6.7 and opened as "administrator".  Works fine!!!!  Restored my problematic desktop to XP via full re-format and installation of old Bullcharts 3.2.0 and it now behaves perfectly as well.  Regards, Warlock.

Post Reply Post Reply