BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Switching to Metastock Data Source

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tearawaybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tearawaybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 9:18pm

Hi Sleepy

I've added metastock to Bullcharts and it works pretty well. I use JustData for an LSE EOD feed.

You can either go into preferences and set metastock as your primary data source, this will allow you to run scans etc and use it in same way as with the bullcharts data. However if you want to use them together I basically individually opened and saved the LSE top 350 shares with the primary data set to Bullcharts and this then means you can run them both together.

There are no real problems except the pain of having to switch to metastock as a data source if you want to scan all the metastock database, but if you are happy just following a few stock codes then use BC as your primary and open them individually.

I am personally not aware of any loss of functionality it basically works exactly the same once you have saved the metastock watchlists of the stocks you are interested in.

The daily data collection is a separate process (about a 10 minute download and update every day), plus the bullcharts data collection. You do have to be careful not to open bullcharts and start looking at charts while you are downloading the metastock data, otherwise you run the risk of corrupting the metastock database, which is a pain.

Good luck.

sleepy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sleepy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2007 at 10:00pm
Im currently using BullSystems as my datasource and have had no problems with this setup.

However, I am looking at switching to using Metastock EOD format as I can use the same feed for Tradeguider. That way I can avoid paying for two datafeeds.

1.Has anyone had any problems using Metastock data as their datasource?
2.And which supplier are you using JUSTDATA, Paritech or ...???
3. How easy is it to update Bullcharts ie get Daily Data
4. What functionality in BullCharts will I lose if I switch to Metastock EOD?

Thanks,
steve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12