FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BullCharts 2.3 is here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BullCharts 2.3 is here!
    Posted: 03 Nov 2004 at 1:25pm
BullCharts 2.3.1 is now available. Here's a list of some of the big new features:
  • Security Manager lets you manage WatchLists and flick through companies in an industry group or index.
  • Lets you scan within indices, industry sectors, your WatchLists, etc.
  • Scan on fundamentals - market cap, PE ratio, EPS, DPS and many more!
  • WatchLists can be made from scan results - so combined with the above features you can feed the results of one scan into another.
If your existing version is 2.2.2, or later, then you can get it from the download area of the website. Or if you have an older version, contact us and we'll post it out to you.

Here's a pici of the security manager to give you an idea of some of the new things. Press F6 from withing BullCharts to bring up the security manager.

Edited by Peter
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2004 at 9:06pm

Help needed Dead

I used to have Bullcharts set so that every time I opened a new chart, it would automatically appear in candlestick format, with red and green bars.  Now that I have upgraded, new charts open as black OHLC bars.

How do I reset the default to candlestick?

Thanks

ChrisR View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2004 at 10:27pm

All you have to do is right click it and go into properties and click on the colour tab and change it.

By the way the new version cannot scan your current watchlist.

You need to make a seperate watchlist in security manager so it can scan it.

An oversight that I can live with, but took me ages to figure out with some help from Simonsavva.

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2004 at 9:22am
It's unfortunately a limitation of out current upgrade process: your default template will be removed. I've been thinking about how we can fix that up.

Yep, like Chris said. Though to pad it out with some more details:
  1. Select the candle chart from the toolbar (where it currently says OHLC bars)
  2. Double click on the price to bring up the candle props then select the colour tab.
  3. Select either the second of third colour option (depending on your preferred flavour candle colouring)
  4. Once everything is set up nicely, right click on the chart and select Save as Default Template. Then it'll use those settings for each new chart

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2004 at 9:32am
The old portfolio system is a web based report. We're slowly moving things over to being non-web-based so that everything is better integrated, and can be used offline.

The easiest way to copy symbols from the old to the new is:
  1. Load the old WatchList and do a Snapshot view
  2. Select Create As WatchList from the Edit menu (incidentally, this is available for many of the web-based reports). A new watchlist will appear in the symbol manager.
And should you need to copy from the new to old:
  1. Double click on the rightclick on the watchlist you want to copy and select properties.
  2. Select and copy the list of symbols (as a comma separated list)
  3. Go to the old watchlist system and select New WatchList (and give it a name)
  4. Paste the list of symbols (with Ctrl+V) into textbox where you can type symbols.
Sounds a bit confusing - but it's a gradual process of phasing in cool new features

chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2004 at 5:33pm

Yep, got the candlestick default done - thanks for the help with that one.

The watchlist scanning feature looks good.  When the flip results feature is used, I understand that the program calls up each stock in turn and displays in accordance with the default template.  What if I have a directory of saved charts with trend lines drawn on - can this be set up as a watchlist for flipping through?

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 11:51am
Not at the moment - but this is a good idea. Will look into it for a future version.
Peter Crowe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2004 at 10:09pm
Hi there you guys

The upgrade is bloody brilliant

Keep up the good work

And thanks

Edited by Peter Crowe
SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2004 at 6:57am

Just wanted to mention that my morning routine that used to take approximately 1hr and would involve two other products (MS Excel and MS Onenote) now takes about 15minutes and the end result is I have an integrated shortlist for each trading day.

This is a real time saver and therefore a profit maker.

Very pleased guys. Thankyou so much!   

Post Reply Post Reply