BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is it worth it?????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it worth it?????????
    Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 5:27pm
Hi Dart,

The only way to find out if BullCharts is for you, is to thrash the demo. Try all the things that you want to do, then make up your mind. It depends on what you are looking for, but for me it is one of the best charting programs around. I like its flexibility and ease of use mainly and the ease of programming or modifying indicators.

You can move up and down the price scale. Right click on the price scale, left click Auto Scale Values (it toggles on and off) then you can drag the price scale up or down.

As for your concerns about it not being supported, I cant say, but if you email BC tech support you will find that they are very responsive and have told me that there is an update due shortly. You might email them yourself about your concerns and then let us know the latest.

While most forum users wish that BC tech support were still active in the forum (and some still think they are), they no longer read the forum as they want it to be self supporting.  Some forum members are quite knowledgeable and quite helpfull but may not visit every week so the forum can be slow at times. 

IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 6:27pm
Hi Dart,

I'm a professional trader and have been using Bullcharts with Metastock data for my EOD analysis for quite a while now.  It is without doubt one of the best charting programs available (and I've used a lot!) but, like all products, you need to learn how to use it.

One of the major attractions for me when I first purchased was the level of support and information given by Bullcharts staff in this forum.  Forums need a critical mass of users to make them work. It's catch 22, until such a critical mass can be achieved, someone with dedication or a vested interest needs to keep it ticking along.  With Bullcharts staff apparantly no longer posting, the forum runs a risk of simply dying which would be a shame.
I would have thought it better for Bullcharts support to have issues raised here where not only can others can benefit from the advice but the issue can be answered at Bullcharts convenience rather than a phone call which must be answered immediately.
An example is Vista.  Bullcharts are not the only company facing possible compatibility issues but at least we know where some other providers stand, does Bullcharts work with Vista? - no idea.
Please don't misuderstand me, I think Bullcharts is a great product but a return to the excellent level of communication would aid all customers.

ITT.

Edited by IT-Trader
roop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote roop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 3:51pm

Hi Dart,

When looking for a charting package i trialled several and ended up buying Bullcharts mainly because of its ease of use and wide range of features. When compared with similar packages i thought the price was very reasonable.

As whether it is worth it is up to the individual. It depends how you will use it and what you will get out of it. If you only want a very basic charting package and would never use the other features or if you only have a small amount of capital and are more a long term investor you may not use it very often and it may not be worth it. For me it is definately worth it.

As Blackdog said make the most of your trial and see if it is what you want and whether you will use it.

As for support, i havnt often used support but have emailed and response has been fairly fast.

Also agree with IT-Trader, communication could be improved even a monthly newsletter to inform users what new developments etc.

Hopefully the forum will grow as it can be a very good support tool.

Cheers

Roop

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 6:18pm
Bullcharts is simply the best charting software I've ever used. It would be sad if they no longer develop it.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 3:34pm

BullCharst is update 1-2 times a year.  We will be having a new version released soon with new features and bug fixes. 

Yes we continue to support the product which can be obtained from info@bullsystems.com.  The Forum is for discussion among users rather than support.  We will try and participate more to allow shared knowledge more easily however for direct support try the email above.

Vista support will be included in the next version.  Microsoft have decided to not have backwards compatibility with SQL 2000 (used in 2.4.1) so we have to move to SQL 2005. 

Next Version fo BullCharts

- just some quick notes on some of the things coming up.

• Support for Vista
  • Layer Manager - hide/show line plots, price plots, indicators
  • Colour highlighting in watchlist - allow you to group stocks by applying a colour highght in watchlist and scan results
  • Stop Loss indicators have an option to be relevant only to the selected security
  • Backup and restore for SQL and user files
  • New Indicator ToolBar Manager
  • New settings saved in defaults
    •  Ratio Templates for Gann and Fibonnaci
    •  colours/style/thickness for indicators
    • Visible/invisble - show hide a plot in the Style tab
    • Convert period
  • When open a saved chart file - display the file name in the header.
  • scrolling/slidehow when the security manager in minimised.
  • Add yearly convert option for monthly data
  • Expiry date displayed in the future

Bug Fixes

• Text label would be lost when you synchronise two charts.
  • Windows did not synchronise when one window had stacked panes.
  • BullScript editor is able to check a script as being valid. If there is an error, the cursor will be position at the start of the syntax that is not valid.  
  • The last used workspace did not save the synchronised windows status
  • Saving the Gann Angle in an Intellichart caused an error.
  • Sometimes when scrolling in a watchlist the stock symbol does not match the company name
  • Add Convert period setting (on the Advanced tab of an Indicator) to the Default for the indicator.
  • Retain the same order of windows when you open a workspace.
  • The Delete icon not active when select a plot to delete.
  • Retain the Synchronised window state when save a workspace
  • ON a weekly chart, the volume bar was displaying daily data.
  • Metastock users - when add a symbol to a watchlist the Intellichart appears in a non standard location and hence not available when scanning etc.
  •  

IT-Trader View Drop Down
    Regular
    Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 2:29pm
    Thanks Brendon, the update is appreciated.

[Feature Request]

I'm sure this has been requested before but an "undo" feature would be VERY helpful.  The number of times I delete the wrong line!!

Also a copy and paste feature for trend lines would be a close second.

Finally something longer term, being able to show a "volume at price" chart can be helpful. It's not a big deal as I have other software but could be worth adding to a future version if it's not overly difficult.  I can post one if you want to see an example.

[end]

In general though, I still remain very happy with the product and still reccommend it to anyone who'll listen and while Metastock remains on my PC I can't remember the last time I opened it!

Looking foward to the new version.

ITT.

Edited by IT-Trader
    Owen View Drop Down
    Regular
    Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:31pm
    I prefer to see Bullcharts' Tradesim and data related bugs fixed. Existing features are very good already. 
    Brendon View Drop Down
    BullCharts Staff
    BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 9:57pm
    We try and do as many fixes as we can as well as consider user requests.  Shall keep in mind.
    Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 10:00pm
    Hi

Thanks for the reply  - I am still trying out the system and I have some comments to bounce off you guys.

I think the reporting system is excellent - market map, dividends etc. The market scan is very fast and lots of options.

However the charting I am still getting use too as i am getting around it.

It seems that the majority of users think its great and they make money from it. In the end that is the goal.

A few changes to some of the indicators and small changes such as the date not being 04/28/2007 but 28/04/2007 could at this point in my evaluation make BullCharts one of the best programs around.

I like the thought behind the way the program has been put together.

Your comments are really appreciated.

I would really like to know how other users use BullCharts.

Cheers

Dart

Brendon View Drop Down
    BullCharts Staff
    BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 8:31am

Regarding the date, this is controlled by your global setting for the computer.

Settings/Control Panel/  Regional and Language settings

- regional options - select Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>