FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is it worth it?????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:32pm
Brendan,
Although it may be too late, there are 2 things I have been wanting to see in BC for a few years now.

1 - We can drag scroll horizontally with left click mouse but still cannot drag scroll vertically. This would be good for studies where the tool drag points are off the chart.

2 - When putting a Fibonacci (or any indicator) on a chart it would be good to keep the text data for the indicator in view all the time instead of scrolling off screen when zooming.

Thanks
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:37pm
Thanks.  And thanks for the ideas that you provided.  Shall keep in mind for the future.  In the meantime we are nearly ready to release the next version as per the notes in this thread.
Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:34pm

Hi

I thought I give a update, I have purchased Bullcharts after using it for awhile. I think the program is great and has the ability to maybe the best charting and trading program around. I have the live data which is excellent. The weblink tools are excellent and the more I use the program the more I like it. I still use MA4 but Bullcharts is a better designed program that is designed around how a trader thinks.

I look forward to talking to other users about how to get the best out of the program and share tips and trades

Cheers

Dart

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 8:31am

Regarding the date, this is controlled by your global setting for the computer.

Settings/Control Panel/  Regional and Language settings

- regional options - select Australia

Dart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 10:00pm
Hi

Thanks for the reply  - I am still trying out the system and I have some comments to bounce off you guys.

I think the reporting system is excellent - market map, dividends etc. The market scan is very fast and lots of options.

However the charting I am still getting use too as i am getting around it.

It seems that the majority of users think its great and they make money from it. In the end that is the goal.

A few changes to some of the indicators and small changes such as the date not being 04/28/2007 but 28/04/2007 could at this point in my evaluation make BullCharts one of the best programs around.

I like the thought behind the way the program has been put together.

Your comments are really appreciated.

I would really like to know how other users use BullCharts.

Cheers

Dart

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 9:57pm
We try and do as many fixes as we can as well as consider user requests.  Shall keep in mind.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:31pm
I prefer to see Bullcharts' Tradesim and data related bugs fixed. Existing features are very good already. 
IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2007 at 2:29pm
Thanks Brendon, the update is appreciated.

[Feature Request]

I'm sure this has been requested before but an "undo" feature would be VERY helpful.  The number of times I delete the wrong line!!

Also a copy and paste feature for trend lines would be a close second.

Finally something longer term, being able to show a "volume at price" chart can be helpful. It's not a big deal as I have other software but could be worth adding to a future version if it's not overly difficult.  I can post one if you want to see an example.

[end]

In general though, I still remain very happy with the product and still reccommend it to anyone who'll listen and while Metastock remains on my PC I can't remember the last time I opened it!

Looking foward to the new version.

ITT.

Edited by IT-Trader
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 3:34pm

BullCharst is update 1-2 times a year.  We will be having a new version released soon with new features and bug fixes. 

Yes we continue to support the product which can be obtained from info@bullsystems.com.  The Forum is for discussion among users rather than support.  We will try and participate more to allow shared knowledge more easily however for direct support try the email above.

Vista support will be included in the next version.  Microsoft have decided to not have backwards compatibility with SQL 2000 (used in 2.4.1) so we have to move to SQL 2005. 

Next Version fo BullCharts

- just some quick notes on some of the things coming up.

• Support for Vista
  • Layer Manager - hide/show line plots, price plots, indicators
  • Colour highlighting in watchlist - allow you to group stocks by applying a colour highght in watchlist and scan results
  • Stop Loss indicators have an option to be relevant only to the selected security
  • Backup and restore for SQL and user files
  • New Indicator ToolBar Manager
  • New settings saved in defaults
    •  Ratio Templates for Gann and Fibonnaci
    •  colours/style/thickness for indicators
    • Visible/invisble - show hide a plot in the Style tab
    • Convert period
  • When open a saved chart file - display the file name in the header.
  • scrolling/slidehow when the security manager in minimised.
  • Add yearly convert option for monthly data
  • Expiry date displayed in the future

Bug Fixes

• Text label would be lost when you synchronise two charts.
  • Windows did not synchronise when one window had stacked panes.
  • BullScript editor is able to check a script as being valid. If there is an error, the cursor will be position at the start of the syntax that is not valid.  
  • The last used workspace did not save the synchronised windows status
  • Saving the Gann Angle in an Intellichart caused an error.
  • Sometimes when scrolling in a watchlist the stock symbol does not match the company name
  • Add Convert period setting (on the Advanced tab of an Indicator) to the Default for the indicator.
  • Retain the same order of windows when you open a workspace.
  • The Delete icon not active when select a plot to delete.
  • Retain the Synchronised window state when save a workspace
  • ON a weekly chart, the volume bar was displaying daily data.
  • Metastock users - when add a symbol to a watchlist the Intellichart appears in a non standard location and hence not available when scanning etc.
  •  

Owen View Drop Down
    Regular
    Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 6:18pm
    Bullcharts is simply the best charting software I've ever used. It would be sad if they no longer develop it.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>