FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Release BullCharts 3.4.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Release BullCharts 3.4.1
    Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 4:36pm
away from e-mail for a few days:

the screen grab for the icon issue is shown below; both the icon date and the last price display are 26/7

I didnt capture the hover screen, but the hover window also says 26/7; 12 AM

The Intelli-Chart issue is covered in the thread titled Intelli-Charts, created 24 May (couldn't seem to link to it?)

Basically Bullcharts creates a separate IntelliCharts folder, as a sub-folder of every different Metastock folder.

Unfortunately this means there can be multiple different versions of an IC file for a stock, and it depends on where/how you access that stock as to where it firstly saves the file, and then which version of the IC file it retrieves (which may or may not be the last version you wanted saved)

Edited by Dingo
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 9:19pm

1. please send an image of the tooltip when hover over and then one of the properties.  Please email might be best.  Ichecked and works on my system. brendonl@bullsystems.com

2. the multiple chart issue - I have not been able to duplicate it.  Please email a screen shot of the directory for Intellicharts. Tools/Preferences/Files gives you the directory.

Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 7:10pm
the icon on the chart below is meant to be on the 26 Jul.  The last data shown is for 26 Jul, the icon shows a few days in the future. It worked properly in the last version.

On another note, are you making any effort to fix the multiple storage of intelli-Chart files issue I have previously raised?  Disappointing to see it hasn't been addressed, Bullcharts is effectively useless to me with this glitch.

Edited by Dingo
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 9:59pm
You can place price plots on any pane - so can overlay on any pane or a seperate pane.  Simply click on the Location tab to select the pane needed.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2006 at 6:02pm
This is a significant upgrade. I like the ability to show 2 price plots on a single chart, but wouldn't it be even better if we could do it in a single pane?

I'm not sure about the Relative Strength Comparison feature. Is it just a more handy way of calling up RSC plots?

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2006 at 2:01pm

Was working fine.  I have reset and Ok for now. Seems the website has an intermittent problem.

Edited by Brendon
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2006 at 1:44pm
That's cruel Brendon, showing off the new features when we can't download the update
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2006 at 11:41am
the Update link doesnt seem to be working??
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2006 at 8:34am

BullCharts has released a new version of the software.  Below is a list of new features.  A lot has good into to this version and thanks to those who have made contributions.  Please let us know any feedback.  Thanks.

Brendon Lansdowne

BullCharts

Where to download
You are able to download BullCharts from http://www.bullcharts.com.au/Downloads/ There are notes on what has changed and how to instal.  It is important to read the notes on installation.
Don't know you User ID to download?
If you have lost your UserID or password, you can have them automatically emailed to you.

Please enter your email address  at http://www.weblink.com.au/login/lost_password.asp?GroupID=94 0 and click on the submit button. Your login details will then be emailed to that address.
Note: For your security, you must enter the same email address that you used during your registration, as it will be used to match your login details. If you registered with multiple email addresses, you need to enter the first one in your email address list. If you can't remember which one is first, try each of them in turn, or contact us.

Version 3.4.1  i Significant changes

Key Features

i Synchronised pane option to display the same stock code in each chart pane.

Indicator

·         Pair Trading (Volatility)

General

·         Able to select individual price plot lines to add to watchlist

Bug fixes

·         Moving average variable error

·         Toolips for ribbon indicators were not displaying

Version 3.4.0  i Significant changes

Key Features

i Overlay multiple timeframes such as daily, weekly etc on a single chart.

i Apply Relative Strength Comparison to any price plot on the same chart.

i Tab in Tools/Preferences to list location of user files for easier backup.

i The Text tool can be floated to remain on screen rather than anchored to a date.

Multiple Timeframes on one chart

• An important trading strategy is to analyze the trend of a stock based on different timeframes.  With Multiple Timeframes, different timeframes are synchronized when scrolling.  The synchronized timeframes provides more detailed analysis of a stock when comparing short, medium and long term trends which otherwise may not be apparent with other methods.
  • If wish to retain the preferred multiple timeframes, then you should create a template.  The time frames are universal, not per stock.
  • A stock can be inserted on to a chart with any time frame, for example – daily, weekly or monthly.  Chart Style, location, colour and scale can all be selected from the relevant tab.

• In addition, the Multiple Timeframe option allows you in one chart to have multiple stocks and multiple time frames.  For example, you could compare two banking stocks CBA and NAB in the same chart.  This allows for synchronized scrolling in the chart to better compare performance of each stock.
  • An interesting option is to overlay a different timeframe on the same stock rather than ‘side by side’ as with a new pane.  This can be particularly effective with Candlesticks. 

• To change the time period of a stock, select the price plot with your cursor then from the drop down menu select a new time period just for that stock. 

• To change the stock in that pane, select the stock then from the main Symbol drop down box then press Enter on your keyboard.

• To add volume for the secondary price plot, use Insert/Indicators then Volume.  In the Price Plot parameter, select the price plot that you wish to link the Volume to.

• To inset an indicator on any timeframe, select Insert/Indicator.  For the relevant indicator, select the price plot to link the indicator to.  The location will be automatically selected or may be changed by clicking the Next button then the Location tab.

Relative Strength Comparison

• Relative Strength Comparison (RSC) allows you to effectively compare a stock against an index using the scale for both.  This helps to analyze the stock’s performance compared to the index.
  • To insert an RSC, select Insert/Security.  Enter the index, for example XAO.  The timeframe is not relevant as this is determined by the stock. Select the Scale tab, then Relative Strength Comparison. A list of stock price plots on the chart will display. 

• Select the stock you wish to compare with the index.  The location is automatically selected as an overlay on the price plot.  The location can be changed to a different pane by using the Location tab.
  • Once inserted, a line will overlay the share price chart with a new scale on the left hand side.

General

• New option to move panes up and down in a Chart window.  Right click of the mouse on the chart then select Panes then Move…

• For Candlesticks, an option to have the Colour Method as transparent.  Useful when overlaying one candlestick on another candlestick. 
  • Modify the Info Window to display data per stock
  • Redesign the Insert Security menu for Multiple Timeframes

• Able to apply a Relative Strength Comparison (RSC) to any price plot on the chart rather than the primary plot.  A new Scale tab has options to select which stock to apply the RSC to.

• Add in the download time for the daily data.
  • Use of + and – keys to zoom in and out on chart while viewing a watchlist.
  • Overlay candle weekly on candle daily

• Option to set the minimum zoom.  The zoom factor should be equal or more than the value for the right margin.  Useful if viewing intraday data and require more precision.  Set right margin to 1 and zoom to 10 for the best effect with intraday data.

• Option to display the indicator parameters in the title bar of a window pane from Tools/Chart Properties. 

• Option to add text to an icon.  The text can be displayed with the icon or minimised.  When minimised, the text is display in a tooltip when you use the cursor to hover over the icon.
  • Option in Tools/Preferences to display the location of the BullCharts files.

• Tooltip displays the time frame for the selected plot.

Indicators

• Keltner Bands allow adjustment to the size of the bands
  • Changes to TRIX to include signal line and fill options

Bug Fixes

• In IntelliCharts, retain the order of drawing objects if sent to the background.
  • When create a new scan and then Apply and Run it would run the previous scan.
  • The BullCharts.log file appears on the desktop.  Moved to c:\program files\BullSystems\BullCharts.
  • Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 may cause the template toolbar to be replaced.
  • Change default for IntelliCharts to display the same drawing tools in all time periods.
  • When new add a new security to the watchlist, move to the next row and  default to edit mode ready to the type the next security.
  • Change maximum right margin to 999
  • Easier selection of  Gann angle when set at 45 degrees
  • Change length of the abbreviations used in the Template Toolbar from 3 to 5 characters

Post Reply Post Reply