FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Intelli-Charts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intelli-Charts
    Posted: 26 Mar 2006 at 11:12pm
This may have already been mentioned and possibly corrected. I have 'Save different charts for different periods' DE-SELECTED.

This is a screen grab of CSR in a folder labelled developing; this is the one I have drawn line drawings on:

This is a screen grab also of CSR selected from a different folder (its a Metastock Custom Folder generated by DataHQ).

Note the line drawings do not appear!! 

Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 12:30am
After sniffing around some more, I have found a potential cause / problem related to the above post:

This screenshot shows the Bullcharts Intelli-Chart folder as specified in the 'General Tab, View Locations' (note the full folder location as shown in the header bar):

In this folder, there is a:

CSR.bc dated 2/3/2006, and
CSR_Daily.bc dated 27/02/06

The CSR.bc is obviously the second chart shown above without the line drawing.

However, it seems BC is creating and saving Intelli-Charts to another location also. This screenshot shows a folder that BC is creating in the MetaStock database folder:

In this folder, there is a:

CSR.bc dated 26/3/06

This is obviously the file in the first screen grab above, with the drawing on it.

It seems that BC is getting confused with my setup using Metastock data and is creating an additional Intelli-Charts folder within the Metastcok directory, as well as the Intelli-Charts folder within the BullCharts directory.

What is worse, it seems to be using both Intelli-Chart locations; the latest chart saved in the Bullcharts Directory is 27/03/06; and the latest chart in the Metastock folder is also 27/03/06.

There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which folder it decides to use?  (EDIT: It seems to depend on which folder you drag the chart from; i.e if I move a chart from the Metastock folder into another watchlist, when I access that moved chart from the new watchlist, it pulls the chart from the Metastock IC folder)

This needs to be fixed as I access the same charts from different folders depending on what I am doing.  When I do this I need it to be the same chart however, regardless of which folder I get to it from.

Edited by Dingo
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 11:34am
I check for you.
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 11:34am
any thoughts yet Brendon?

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 11:35am
Sorry, not yet
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 12:36pm
Brendon,

on investigating further, the problem is worse.  It appears that BullCharts is creating a separate IntelliCharts folder as a subfolder of EVERY Metastock folder - i.e every Custom Folder that I download from Data HQ ends up having its own IntelliChart subfolder created as soon as I add any drawing items to a chart accessed from that sub-folder.

It doesnt matter if you first copy the chart to another Watchlist; the IC file is still stored in the original Custom Folder location.  As can be seen from the screen grab below, I now have 7 separate IntelliChart folders. 

This would be OK (messy - but workable) if BC only saved ONE version of a chart, and only ever accessed that one and same version of that chart, regardless of its location.

Unfortunately, BC will save an IC file for the same stock in more than one of the multiple IntelliChart folders that it has automatically created, depending on how that particular chart is accessed (i.e from a scan / use of quick search / manual access from a watchlist or folder etc).

Each one of these duplicate files will have different 'drawings' on them, and when you subsequently access that file; you will not always get the latest version of the IC file - again depending on how you access the particular chart seems to determine which version it decides to bring up.

For some of my more regular accessed stocks, I have 7 different IC versions for the same stock, 1 in each folder.

Unfortunately this problem makes IntelliCharts TOTALLY UNUSABLE for me - I only purchased BC after having confirmation that you would provide IntelliCharts functionality; can you please confirm that this will get a high priority for a fix - its more than a 'bug'.

Edited by Dingo
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 11:26pm
Tried deleting all the IntelliCharts folders with the new version of BC; problem still exists.

BC automatically creates an IntelliCharts sub-folder within DataHQ Custom Folders when a chart accessed from here - so depending on how you subsequently access the chart you will get one of 3 different 'versions' of a chart.

Brendon - please acknowledge; Intelli-Charts is UNUSABLE for me when using external Metastock Data (DataHQ) Custom Folders.

Edited by Dingo
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 6:57am
Understand a problem - shall see if can duplicate problem.
xerques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote xerques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 4:39pm
Dingo

Unfortunately, after 6 months, this problem is still there and it is all quiet on this topic.
It is serious because the Intelli-charts are saved all over the place and confusion abounds when these charts are opened.  Effectively, Bullcharts fail to meet its marketing hype about Intelli-charts as far as Metastock data is concerned; stuff put on charts go missing, being saved to different directories.
Perhaps because we, Metastock data users, are considered one-time buyers, we do not get the attention.  E-mails go unanswered.

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 4:57pm

We are looking at different issues fo rthe next version.  Shall add this to the list.  Sorry if we missed some emails - not intentional.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>