FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple colours on single indicator line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple colours on single indicator line
    Posted: 30 Apr 2006 at 10:05pm

Alex,

why don’t you use a ribbon which sits under the graph.  Probably a workable compromise.

zzkazu

Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 11:41pm

Thanks ITT

Following my posting it occurred to me (as recently alluded to elsewhere in the forum) that we are using Bull Script not Bull Basic.

Given my suggestion, it really doesn't require "an accompanying RSI graph" as there is no evident way to "link" the two charts.  What is probably required is for the colour of the moving average to be conditional on the RSI value at each date.....if this is possible.

Should this type of charting be achievable it would cut down some of the screen clutter in my case by dispensing with either separate charts or the overplotting of the price chart.

IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 3:19pm
Short answer:  I don't think so.

Long answer:
If I understand your request, you want a single line indicator to change colour back and forth depeding on some other factor.

In my case, it was CCI to be one colour while above 0, a different colour below 0.

In your case, an ma in one colour if RSI is high, changes to another if middle, changes to another again if low.

My understanding is that we're asking for the same thing and it isn't possible.

Brendon - feel free to correct if I'm wrong!!

Kind regards,
ITT.

Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2006 at 10:47pm

To All

Given the above, is it possible to have say a Moving Average on a price graph change colour in response to an accompanying RSI graph viz say red for RSI 30 or less, orange for RSI greater than 30 but less than 70 and green for 70 or greater?

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 12:44pm
ITT,

See how I coloured the volume bars by changing the volume plot properties. I did not do any coding.

You want the chart even bigger? You are kidding right?
IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 11:44am
LOL - yeah that's it.

You realise, of course, that all this is moot!

Thanks anyway.
ITT.
(btw, do you think you could have made the chart a bit bigger!)

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 11:21am
IT-Trader, is this what you need?

IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 10:37am
Owen,

The fill style is simply filling the the gap below/above the indicator, it was actually getting the indicator line itself to be green above a predertimed number and red below it.

From Brendon's comments, it sounds like this isn't possible.  It's far from being a big deal, I asked in case I'd missed something.
(The CCI was only used as an example to keep it simple.)

On the volume colour question, you have indeed misunderstood.  Your suggestion would change all the volume days to be a single colour.

The code I posted shows the volume in blue on days when the C is
above the O, and in red on days when the C is below the O.

However, there is one circumstance I forgot to cover, those when O=C, I've since added and extra line to plot volume in balck on those days.

It may not appear overly helpful but it speeds up part of my selection process.

ITT.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2006 at 12:46pm
IT-Trader, you can also try the Fill attribute. e.g.

[linestyle=fill; color=green; transparency=50]
cci(14);
[color=red; transparency=50]

For the 2nd Q, I simply right click and change the color property of the volume panel to colour the volumes. I'm not sure if that's what you are after.
IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2006 at 11:14am
Hi Brendon,

That works exactly as hoped for the second question about volume and I think I can work a variant to make line indicators (like cci) suit the purpose I had in mind.

Many thanks for the help again.

ITT.

btw, for anyone else the volume version looked like this....

[color=rgb(000,000,255);name=up; Linestyle=bar]
if(C>O,V,0);

[color=rgb(255,000,000);name=down; Linestyle=bar]
if(C<O,V,0);

I find it useful to distinguish between the volume on up-days vs down-days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>