FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Release of BullCharts 3.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Release of BullCharts 3.2
    Posted: 17 Feb 2006 at 3:59pm

We have released the next version of BullCharts 3.2  Many of the features have been requested by users. 

Apart from new features we have also spent a lot of time on streamlining the workflow of the day to day activities of the typical trader/investor. 

For example, the Multi Scan feature allows you to run your favourite scans one after another in one session.  Also the ability to add a stock or a selection of stocks to any watchlist from various reports helps in the day to day management of your share analysis. 

Please download the latest version from http://www.bullcharts.com.au/downloads  There is also a list of all the changes in the download area.  You will need your ID and password to download.

Do let us know of any feedback on the new version and any other features for future versions.

i Add a stock symbol to a watchlist menu from scans, other watchlists and security lists

i Copy and export options for watchlists and scans

i Multi scan option in BullScan

i Default colours for drawing tools

i IntelliCharts per time period

i Menu option in View - Space to the right of chart

i Float a chart window on dual monitors

i Swing Trendline

i Swing Trend Band

Edited by Brendon
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2006 at 4:37pm
Nice! Something to play with this weekend. 
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2006 at 2:13am
Line studies now always get cleared when I change periods, although I have this function unclicked.
zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2006 at 7:41am
Mine works ok, and doesn't get cleared.

zzkazu
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2006 at 8:24am

I checked again the different options and can't duplicate what you say.  Owen is using the Metastock option.  I tested that as well and was fine.

When have lines studies saved for each time period it clears for the next time period so you can then add unique lines to say weekly,  Then switch back to daily and it had its own studies.  If switch off then the chart will retain the last view lines studies.

Owen can you check again and make a note of what steps you used to see if we can reproduce.

First start with a chart that has no lines at all.

Second test with a chart that you know had lines before.

Edited by Brendon
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2006 at 11:13am
I just worked out the problem! It's to do with IntelliCharts but occur only on 3.2. I did not have this problem with 3.0.2.

Previously I had the "Save different Intellichart for each time period" checked but  "Use IntelliChart" unchecked. Then after seeing Brendon's reply I thought maybe this has something to do with Intellicharts. So I unchecked "Save different Intellichart for each time period". Then problem solved!

It seems Intellichart still has some influence unless you uncheck both buttons.

Edited by Owen
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2006 at 5:37pm

Thanks. From what I see the save based on time period is only available to switch on/off when IntelliCharts is checked.  If you uncheck IntelliCharts later then the option for save based on different time periods is greyed out suggesting not active.

However, it seem to have odd behaviour when Time period is ticked but greyed out and IntelliCharts is off.

Best for now have ticked off Time period if don't want that feature.  Shall do some tests.

Edited by Brendon
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2006 at 8:08pm

Love the floating windows - bewdy newk

Hug

Seahorse View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2006 at 3:22pm
When running a scan, I do not seem to have the Progress Bar for scanning in progress visible at the bottom of the screen...Is it a default or do I need to switch it on..??
My Reality Check bounced
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2006 at 3:29pm

Is is automatic

1. please check in Help/About what version is installed

2. send me a screen caputure when running to brendonl@weblink.com.au

Edited by Brendon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>