FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Release of BullCharts 3.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 8:55am
The work around for the progress bar not appearing is to not use Apply Run but use the green triangle.  We will add a fix in the next release.
Clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 1:04pm
Hi Brendan,

I have just loaded 3.2 and still have a freeze on shutdown problem. I was hoping that would be fixed by now. Is it unusual to have this problem? Is there a fix I can implement? When can I expect a fix if there isnt one at the moment?

Cheers,

Clive
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 2:18pm
Can you explain your steps.  We have not been able to find steps where we can see the problem reported by some users. 
Clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 4:46pm
Hi Brendon,

Step is simply to close the program with top right cross, click save none in dialog box and then the program freezes so I have to ctrl,alt delete to get windows task manager to end the program.

I had understood that this was a recogniosed problem and that the development team had it on the list of to doos.
Cheers,

Clive
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2006 at 6:23pm

Yes we understand there is a problem from various reports. It is on the list but the steps suggested above and from others has not allowed us to see the same problem on our machines.  There needs to be some other factor as well.

As a contrast one user reported all fine when click on the top X (different to your experience). However minimised BC and then open had it freezing.  We have tried leaving a number of different tests to try and help.

We will continue to try to find what the issue is.

BTW - what happens when close all windows first then click on X in the main app?

Clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 9:34am
Hi Brendon,

I have played with this some more. Turns out I only get the freeze problem when BC has been open a while - say 30 minutes. If BC is only open for say less than 10 mins then I get a normal shutdown. The freeze after 30 mins problem does not seem to depend on what other programs are open. I typicaly have Outlook, Mozilla Firefox and Commsec pro open.

I hope this helps to diagnose the problem.

Cheers,

Clive
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 12:27pm
edit cause I only read to the end of the first page - problem solved on page 2!!

Edited by Dingo
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 12:29pm
Don't use Apply Run for now.  Use just the green Triangle.
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 12:34pm
thanks Brendon, sorry about the last post.

I have also had the 'Freeze' problem mentioned, and it also appears to be when BC has been open for a while.  I cant really identify a common link as I tend to leave it open and go backwards and forwards between programs.  It usually appears for me when I right-click in the BC Icon on the task bar and close from there.  I dont often use the X in the top right of the page to close.

One more thing, I know you have this on the books but whats the status of an option for forcing BC to read Metastock data without having to close and open BC; this is why I see the freeze situation as I have to close and open BC each time I get my hourly data update throughout the day.

Edited by Dingo
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2006 at 12:45pm
When I change the time period by using the drop down window, it seems to work OK.

I have Templates set up that changes the time period as well as the indicators / line studies.  When I change between templates, the chart changes as advertised but the scroll bar at the bottom is full left on the page vice full right.  Because of this, the chart dispalyed has the last few ticks of data scrolled of the right side of the chart (not always?).  You then need to click in the chart and scroll or use the 'Go to End of Chart' button to get to the end of the chart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>