BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Scanning using Portfolio Secuirty Group

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
craigg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scanning using Portfolio Secuirty Group
    Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 8:25pm

How do I setup BullCharts to use a Portfolio as the "Securities to Scan"?

Essentially I wish to be able to execute a scan against my portfolio (to determine when securities I currently have need to be sold).

I am about to reach the end of my evaluation of BullCharts and this is the last thing I wish to sort out!  If I can work this out I will then jump on baord I think!

Craig

pipsqueek View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote pipsqueek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 9:45am

Hi Craig

First, I'd put the stocks onto a watchlist called "My Portfolio". Then when you run your scan, you just go to the securities tab of your scan, remove whatever list of stocks is showing in the window and add your own "My Portfolio" watchlist.

This runs the scan on your own porfolio of stocks.

Good luck ... Bullcharts is an excellent piece of software and I'm delighted with it.

failing to plan is planning to fail.
craigg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2005 at 7:52pm

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't this then mean that you have to maintain two seperate lists of the same stocks (ie the list of stocks you are holding):

* one as per the response above for scanning

* another within the protfolio section to track the actuial holdings.

Surely I am missing something and the same list can be used for both purposes to save double handling?

Craig

zorro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zorro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2005 at 11:08am
Unfortunately it does mean this.
But there is a shortcut: while your viewing your portfolio, right-click on it and select "Create as watchlist"
craigg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2005 at 4:41pm

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have the option "Create as watchlist" though.

Whenever I right click, I get a menu with New/Back, Forward, Refresh, Stop.  Clicking "New" brings up a submenu but nothing with the option you describe.  The closest is "Watchlist" but this is the same as adding a new watchlist in the Securities view and has nothing to do with the Portfolio :-(

zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 12:57pm
craigg,

you have click in the table to get the option.  I just did it works great..

zzkazu
craigg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 8:16pm

Thanks for the reply.

I was clicking in the table before and got the same menu appearing as per the Action menu at the top, ie not the "Create as Watchlist" as everyone else is getting.

Are we using the same version?

BULLCHARTS
BullCharts version: 3.1.0.39089
Charts.dll version: 1.0.2127.39087
BullScan.dll version: 1.0.2127.39086
DotNetBar version: 4.8.0.0
BullCharts path: C:\Program Files\BullSystems\BullCharts
Last workspace: D:\Documents and Settings\Craig\Application Data\BullSystems\BullCharts\LastWorkspace.bw
Web config path: Default

DATA
Data source: BullStore + DataAgent.Net

zzkazu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzkazu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 8:57pm
Mine is a different version it would seem.

BULLCHARTS
BullCharts version:    3.0.2.24278
Charts.dll version:    1.0.2028.24268
BullScan.dll version:    1.0.2028.24258
DotNetBar version:    4.8.0.0

BTW version 3.0.2 is the latest web available update.  Is version 3.1 released publicly?

Edited by zzkazu
craigg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2005 at 9:39pm
Don't know - mine is what they sent me as part of the 2 week trial.
 Post Reply Post Reply