FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Record Trades Indicator for Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
etrader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Record Trades Indicator for Charts
    Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:39pm

I am trying to make a 'Record Trades Indicator' for TradeSim which is available in MetaStock and the code is in the Instruction Manual. This would make it easier and to identify exact dates when trades were Entered and Exited on a tested system when analysing a chart.

Below I have circled in Yellow what I think is able to be done using Standard and Professional versions, or is this not possible ??

I would appreciate any input. 

thx etrader

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 1:00pm
Hi etrader,

This can be achieved via the following steps:
  1. Open the tradesim scan and go to the advanced tab
  2. Click on generate script
  3. Highlight the script from the "Trading System" comment line onwards and select copy
  4. Close the scan and go to your chart
  5. Create a new indicator (Add Indicator / Builder / New)
  6. Paste the script in there
  7. Add a new line to the program just after the TradeSim.Initialize line as follows:  ExtFml("TradeSim.SetReturnInfoType",AllTriggers);
  8. Press OK then add the indicator to your chart
You will get a spike to "1" on days where there is an entry, and a spike to "2" on days that are an exit. And "3" on days where there is an entry and an exit. (If you like you can add other bullscript to make it appear nicer on the chart).

It's a bit complicated, but I'm planning on making all of this happen automatically when you link a scan to a chart in a future version. (and remember, in other programs you're writing the entire script from scratch anyway  )

Post Reply Post Reply