BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

top gainers or lossers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: top gainers or lossers
    Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 11:12am
I was wondering if it is possable to veiw the top gainers or lossers by there groups eg asx 100, asx 200 and so on.  I know market scan does it on the hole market.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2005 at 1:53pm
There is an option in the Securities tab of the properties of a scan to select ASX200 etc.  Have a look in the Getting started guide.  This feature came in from 2.3.2 onwards.  Can check your version in Help.

Edited by Tim Allen
billy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 11:40am

I know you can do this on the day before information.  But is it possible to scan in real time as does market scan wich does it on the hole market not just individual indices? If not maybe market scan could be made to do this down the track.

etrader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 3:46pm

Billy, I believe the asx100, asx200, etc is basically made up by Market Cap, therefore addin a filter Market Cap at least on the live Market Scan will show up the largest gainers from your filtered scan.

Use the Fundamental scan to find the Market Caps of these Securities as Brendon was guiding you toward, in the Securities Manager, asx100, asx200 etc.

hope that helps

etrader

Post Reply Post Reply