FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Chart indicators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
ChrisR View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chart indicators
    Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 2:20pm

Hi Guys

I day trade in options, so I would love some help on whats a best chart indicator that can indicate or predict a price or fall of a stock.

that way I can decide on buying a call or put option on that stock at that particular time.

I know I'm asking too much and most indicators aren't always on the money, but something close will do, if anyone is familiar with this product I would love to hear their views.

ChrisR View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 2:33pm
Anyone also know how to scan my portfolio watchlists?
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 4:03pm
Scan on a portfolio/watchlist will be available in November as a free upgrqade.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 4:09pm
I don't know about the best for price falls/rises etc.  However, the most popular indicators used include MACD, Directional Movement, ADX, Bollinger bands, Stochastic Oscillator, Parabolic SAR.  Also some Assie ones like Guppy MMA and Hull MMA.
ChrisR View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 4:16pm
Thanks brendon
SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 10:55am

Yo...

Suggest Fibonacci tools for predicting likely bounce points.

I have an interim solution that allows us to narrow down the scan to a particular set of securities.

My morning process goes something like this.

1. Do 9 scans and export the results to CSV

2. Open Excel, and execute the macros I have designed to open all 9 scans.

3. Select each spreadsheet in turn and narrow the scan down to my watchlist.

I tried attaching some files and pictures however bullcharts crashed when I did so. So I will save this post and try to post the files and picture in the next post. I hope this helps you guys, as the scan module is so fantastic but I find even the top 200 is usually overload.

regards,

Simon S.

SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 11:10am

Well Very Interesting! It appears that file and image upload work when accessing the forum via Internet Explorer, but not via BullCharts.

Anyway, if you're interested you will find some screenshots and personal.xls which contain the macros' in the below zip file. 

2004-09-25_110750_narrowdownscan.zip

-Simon S.

Seahorse View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2004 at 1:26pm

I have also noticed some "instability" when accessing the bulletin board from the BullCharts Help menu.

I currently only enter the BB via Internet Explorer and all appears to work fine.

Perhaps tech support could take a look at this for us.

My Reality Check bounced
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2004 at 10:27am
Yes, we've noticed a few problems with using the forum from within BullCharts. Specifically any task that launches a popup window that then gets closed will close BullCharts with it. Hope to get this fixed soon, but in the mean time you might want to use IE to upload images and files. 

Edited by Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply