FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CFD chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
davkell View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote davkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 10:25am

If you're trading CFD's, ie. Margined.... how do you calculate position size if you're trying to keep your stop loss to 2% of equity.

Eg: Let's say I want to buy LNN at 5.77 and my initial stop loss is at 5.31. If my trading bank is $5000 then my position size will be: $5000*2% = $100risk; $100/0.46 (5.77-5.31) = 217shares!

That's how I would normally enter the market buying the shares, but how do you approach it in a margined situation like CFD's, because if your stop is at 5.31, and it's hit, you'll lose more than your 2% of equity.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom."
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 5:08pm
I've traded a few times with Getfutures. I think it's OK, but their platform doesnt show market depth, and sometimes I have orders not filled when I think they should be filled. That's obviously annoying. Their brokerages 0.1% if over 10K, same as CMC. If <10K, brokerage is more than CMC.

After reading the Reef Capital page I think I'll try Man Financials or wait for Etrade.
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 3:16pm

Thought I'd start a topic for CFD's for anyone wishing to chat about good or bad experiences with CFD's or providers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12