FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BC DataDownloader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BC DataDownloader
    Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:40am
Hi all users,

In the recent versions of BC, the DataDownloader has been used, running in the background, to manage the download of database data updates for any/all of the BC databases that you have applied.

If your computer is a little older, you might have noticed that the computer appears to run a little slow at times. This might be due to the DataDownloader, especially if you have some additional databases applied (eg. US stocks, global indexes, etc.). You can overcome this by "Exiting" the DataDownloader if you don't need it running all the time - there is an "Exit" button on the DataDownloader dialogue box (use menu item: Tools > Get daily data, and click on Exit).

In addition to this, I noticed on my two computers (one desktop and one laptop running Windows 10) that since about Tuesday 16th January 2018, my DataDownloader would not start on computer power-up. This seemed like a coincidence with the Microsoft Updates, so I removed the MS Updates. This appears to have fixed the problem.

Please feel free to add your own relevant observations about the DataDownloader (or MS Update problems) here...
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply