BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bullscript

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
cwb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cwb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullscript
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:57pm
I am wanting to write a formula to determine force exit date -- lets say after 90 days that takes into account weekends (and p/hols). Appreciate any inputs

I have used dateadd function as below ... for simple 9 day force exit ( in for 9 days then exit the following day)

TriggerDate:=(now);

BidDate:= dateadd(1,TriggerDate);

BidDay:=DAYOFWEEK(BidDate);

if (BidDay = 1,dateadd(13,BidDate),dateadd(13,BidDate))

Can calculate this easier enough in excel but was hoping to write it into script within scans
cmacdon View Drop Down
BullCharts Guru
BullCharts Guru

Post Options Post Options   Quote cmacdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:19am
CWB

I notice there were no responses to your request.  You may have since worked out what you wish to achieve by now.

If not , if you think in terms of trading days in the future for a trigger to go off instead of Calendar days.

Have a look at the code for the earlier post below and I think you can get to where you want.

Set a trigger or marker to go off at the last or next bar after the future period calculated by that indicator, and it should work.  You can remove some of the other script not needed for your application.

cmacdon
http://bullcharts.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1007&title=profit-taker
BC User since June 2007
 Post Reply Post Reply