FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

User Group in Melbournes east

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Group in Melbournes east
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:25am
Latest News:

Following on from the Trading and Investing Expo in Melb back in July we have a few more users in Melbourne (and a few still trialling BullCharts), and we have a few more people coming along to the Melbourne User Group meetings.

Our monthly discussion includes BullCharts features, trading strategies, and market commentary.

Cheers

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:06am
Hi,

Another update on the user group in Melbourne....

Now been running for 4 years (a total of 48 meetings). Still in Oakleigh at the Leighoak Hotel on Dandenong Road - normally the fourth Wednesday of each month.

We usually get about 20 to 25 people at meetings - some are BullCharts users, and some don't even have it - they just like the group and like to chat about the market and stocks etc.

More users welcome. The updated and latest info about the group is easily accessible here: http://robertbrain.com/BullChartsUserGroup/

Cheers

Edited by rbbrain - 04 Aug 2010 at 12:07am
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 9:50am

*** UPDATE *** Latest News on Melbourne UserGroup.

Have now completed 12 months, with > 40 people expressing interest, and ~20 regulars at the meetings. Some people are full time traders; but most are part-time traders eagerly learning more about technical analysis and how to use BullCharts effectively.

More information on this PDF page (including meeting dates, contact name, venue, etc.,):

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~brain/bullchug/index.html 

Happy trading

Robert B

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
Bana View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 12:46pm

Thanks Robert. I have sent you an email so that I can be added onto the list. Look forward to the next meeting on 10th Wed.

kind regards

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 10:25am

Hi,

Meeting starts 7:30pm, Wed 10th - next week, at Leighoak Hotel in Oakleigh (Dandenong Road).

Meeting for dinner at the Forresters Arms hotel bistro down the road at 6pm (the Leighoak Bistro is temporarily closed for renovations).

I will be doing an Agenda and Notice of Meeting tonight, and sending it to our regular User Group people.  I am happy to include more names on our list so they get it directly. Please feel free to email to: brain@hotkey.net.au

Look forward to seeing you Wed 10th

kind regards

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
Bana View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2007 at 2:33pm

Hello Robert

I have recently joined Bullcharts and would very much like to attend these sessions. Could you please provide the details of the next meeting?

thanks

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 11:11pm

hi all,

Time for another update.

We have now had meeting #4. The last 3 at the Leighoak Hotel in Oakleigh (Melbourne). With typically between 15 and 22 in attendance.  With a core group of about 20 members.

Meetings typically include things like: presentation /demo of key features - eg. an Indicator, or a sample "Stategy", or last week we did 60 minutes on Scans.  Lots of useful tips on how to use BullCharts, etc. We use a laptop with wireless internet, plus a data beamer onto a projection screen. Great stuff.

And, lot's of great networking between individuals, sharing information and knowledge about the software; but also about stock selection and trading (including equities, and CFDs, etc.).

More interested Melbourne people welcome.  Any interstate people might find it difficult to participate.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2006 at 11:19pm

STATUS UPDATE:

Hi all. Last week 13 of us met at the Box Hill RSL (fantastic response). Several had dinner and drinks, then met round the square table for about 2 hours - great discussions .  We also had 4 apologies for the meeting, plus another interested person since. So numbers are now up to 18 and likely to hit 20 to 30 for our next meeting on Thursday 14 September (but at a different venue).

We discussed a few things, including: BullCharts (BC) features, and saving Templates. Also Tips. Plus trading styles, and the highs and lows and ups and downs of trading. And a couple of popular books for reference (on trading).

Everyone is keenly looking forward to the next meeting.  Meeting details will get posted here soon: http://www.hotkey.net.au/~brain/bullchug/index.html. Feel free to phone a named contact on that web page for details.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
hjenkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hjenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 1:06am

I'm definitely looking forward to getting together with other traders in Melbourne and learning more about Bullcharts and what it can do. 

Like Robert mentioned, the group will be very focussed on sharing information on how to get the most out of the Bullcharts software.  Whether you are a short term trader or long term investor... if you are using Bullcharts then come to our next meeting on 10th August in Box Hill.

If you are interested, email me at hj_shares@yahoo.com.au and I'll send you details on where and when we will be meeting and where to park (free parking available). 

regards
Helen

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 10:12pm

hi again,

Our group of interested people is now up to 4.

I notice a few people have read the original post above, perhaps out of interest .  But no one has replied .

I am keen to receive ANY feedback, of ANY nature (please?).

Please feel free to say anything you like about this topic. eg. "(a) good idea; but too busy",    or "(b) not interested thanks",    or "(c) I already know everything so there is nothing left for me to learn";   or "(d) I don't want to commit";   or "(e) I don't know much, so I won't fit in (which is not true).", etc., etc. (you can even make up your own excuse or reason - no problem).

At least we will then understand more about why no one is interested.

many thanks

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>